Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Winter02
    • By Winter02 1st Dec 17, 4:51 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Winter02
    Gladstone solicitors Letter
    • 1st Dec 17, 4:51 PM
    Gladstone solicitors Letter 1st Dec 17 at 4:51 PM
    Hi

I am hoping someone can help me. I have received a letter from Gladstone Solicitors regarding a parking charge. The initial parking infringement was issued by Parking Control Management (UK) Limited in London and I did not see the sign as it was behind me.. It states that "our client may now instruct us to take legal action against you in the County Court" Can you advise me whether I have the option of settling this before being issued with something that will later effect my credit rating and what you would suggest I do from here.

Kind regards

Sal.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 1st Dec 17, 4:58 PM
    • 16,923 Posts
    • 21,044 Thanks
    Redx
    • 1st Dec 17, 4:58 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 4:58 PM
    at the moment its probably a debt collector letter and may not even be from GLADRAGS at all

the word MAY in your wording indicates its a debt collector letter , especially if the reference starts with a 3 and not a 1

its either pay , or fight , your choice

see post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread near the top of this forum
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 1st Dec 17, 7:20 PM
    • 6,470 Posts
    • 8,296 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 1st Dec 17, 7:20 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 7:20 PM
    Hi

I am hoping someone can help me. I have received a letter from Gladstone Solicitors regarding a parking charge. The initial parking infringement was issued by Parking Control Management (UK) Limited in London and I did not see the sign as it was behind me.. It states that "our client may now instruct us to take legal action against you in the County Court" Can you advise me whether I have the option of settling this before being issued with something that will later effect my credit rating and what you would suggest I do from here.

Kind regards

Sal.
    Originally posted by Winter02
    As said, its a debt collector letter using "MAY"

A real LBA (letter before action) must follow the new
    procedure which came into force 1st Oct 2017
    This means, they have to make it very clear to you
    what they are claiming for.

Gladsrones are a highly incompetent solicitor, known
    to the courts for their incompetence.

Wait to see what this incompetent bunch do then we
    can help you.

As far as your credit rating is concerned, that only
    happens if you went to court, you lost (doubtful with
    Gladstones around), and you did not pay what the court
    ordered, maybe £170-£200
    So no credit problems at this stage as the law does not
    allow incompetent companies to interfere with you
    without a judge

If they come back to you, do let us know
    Last edited by beamerguy; 01-12-2017 at 7:26 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

115Posts Today

3,451Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• To clarify this. Cameron's gamble that having a stark vote'd mean his team won. He gambled wrong (that's not a stat? https://t.co/NSCT3aKvGS

• Follow Martin