Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tonyblair96
    • By tonyblair96 1st Dec 17, 4:30 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tonyblair96
    Advice please: landlord does not return my deposit
    • 1st Dec 17, 4:30 PM
    Advice please: landlord does not return my deposit 1st Dec 17 at 4:30 PM
    I rented a house as a lodger so i lived in the same property as the landlord. I signed a contract saying that I would leave after a month.
    However, the landlord stopped answering to my calls or messages, where i am trying to get my deposit back. So i went to his house but she told me she would return the deposit in a week or so as i left the property clean and i did not damage anything...
    I suspect she thought that since i'm an international student she could just behave like this.

A month has passed and i have decided to solve the dispute with small money claims online, the amount she owes me is 250£. How much should i claim?
Page 2
    • beckysheffield
    • By beckysheffield 2nd Dec 17, 4:11 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    beckysheffield
    https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/tenancy_deposits/how_to_get_your_tenancy_deposit_back
    • tonyblair96
    • By tonyblair96 2nd Dec 17, 4:56 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tonyblair96
    I doubt this will work. She has stopped answering my calls and text messages.: mad:
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

348Posts Today

1,456Users online

Martin's Twitter