Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • soolin
    • By soolin 1st Dec 17, 4:07 PM
    • 59,570Posts
    • 42,274Thanks
    soolin
    and so it starts...
    • 1st Dec 17, 4:07 PM
    and so it starts... 1st Dec 17 at 4:07 PM
    I usually start blocking some overseas countries at this time of year, but as my sales are so strong at the moment I've decided to leave all my usual settings intact - I may have to rethink that.

Last week I had a buyer in Australia ask whether I could guarantee their item for the following weekend (this was a Tuesday) I explained that even upgrading to a signed for service was unlikely to help and for a £5.99 item it hardly seemed worthwhile risking it- buyer was obviously blocked but did come back the next day and ask me if I could try sending the item standard airmail and putting a note on envelope asking for a speedy delivery. I ignored that.

Today I have a US buyer , bought last Tuesday, sent Wednesday and now buyer says as it hasn't arrived it must be lost so how does she claim her money back?
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Page 1
    • Irn-Bru-Kid
    • By Irn-Bru-Kid 1st Dec 17, 5:47 PM
    • 590 Posts
    • 709 Thanks
    Irn-Bru-Kid
    • 1st Dec 17, 5:47 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 5:47 PM
    Although hated by many, I will only sell overseas via the GSP.

I get an email telling me the item is on its way to the buyer and confirmation of delivery once it arrives. I only have to get it to Staffordshire in one piece and then it is over to them.

No muss, no fuss.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 1st Dec 17, 5:49 PM
    • 11,411 Posts
    • 7,678 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 1st Dec 17, 5:49 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 5:49 PM
    Don't be fooled that GSP means no fuss! It means just as much but you can ignore most of it.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 1st Dec 17, 7:44 PM
    • 26,214 Posts
    • 10,468 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 1st Dec 17, 7:44 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 7:44 PM
    Write speedy delivery on the envelope LOL thats funny.

I would have responded saying the post office computers only read addresses and cannot read anything else. This is by default as the first computers they installed took bribes and blackmailed the postmen.

What planet do these people live on? I wonder if the buyer was in a remote area also, where the post goes to a major city then takes another few days to get to their area?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,326Posts Today

7,788Users online

Martin's Twitter