Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WOOLF26
    • By WOOLF26 1st Dec 17, 2:53 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    WOOLF26
    Mixed use Mortgage
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:53 PM
    Mixed use Mortgage 1st Dec 17 at 2:53 PM
    Hi all,

I have sold my property and have agreed a purchase for another. The one i am buying is mixed use with a shop and an apartment behind and above. I would say the shop is around 25% of the overall property size. It is being sold as one unit with the freehold.

I have a 25%-30% deposit for the property but am struggling to find a lender as it is mixed use.

My plan is to live in the apartment and supplement the mortgage payments with the shop.

I've tried a residential and commercial broker and neither seemed able to help.

Does anyone have some advice? A mortgage broker who specializes in this? or point me in the right direction to a lender?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 1st Dec 17, 2:56 PM
    • 32,366 Posts
    • 17,376 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:56 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:56 PM
    Semi-commercial isn't an area I've worked in for many years and I would point you at your own clearing bank for such finance today.

See what some of the others think.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 1st Dec 17, 3:31 PM
    • 10,071 Posts
    • 3,926 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 1st Dec 17, 3:31 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 3:31 PM
    Mixed use as in a live work unit is more common and can be managed.

This one, I would also point you at your Bankers and suggest you may not have enough deposit.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • ACG
    • By ACG 1st Dec 17, 4:15 PM
    • 15,896 Posts
    • 8,142 Thanks
    ACG
    • 1st Dec 17, 4:15 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 4:15 PM
    I have only found one lender who would do it with a 25% deposit, rates would be around 5.5% upwards.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

327Posts Today

2,301Users online

Martin's Twitter