Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SuperSuze
    • By SuperSuze 1st Dec 17, 2:41 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 7Thanks
    SuperSuze
    Pockit full of empty promises?
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:41 PM
    Pockit full of empty promises? 1st Dec 17 at 2:41 PM
    Hello,

I recently applied for a Pockit pre-paid Mastercard after seeing an offer advertised in several places (including Martin's weekly round-up) to get an initial 5.00 cashback once you pre-load the card with 10.00 or more.

As the card costs 99p, this seemed reasonable and the card has been useful, as I lost my debit card this week and simply transfered 50.00 over via online banking. However, I never did receive that 5.00 cashback after topping up three times now.

Is there any legal obligation for Mastercard to honour this offer? Or was it just time limited? I don't recall reading anything in the T's and C's.

I realise it's a small sum to most, but honestly its just the promise not being fulfilled that irritates me slightly.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 1st Dec 17, 2:59 PM
    • 14,354 Posts
    • 15,110 Thanks
    zx81
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:59 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:59 PM
    Mastercard won't honour the offer, as it's nothing to do with them.

You'll need to go to Pockit, who ran the promotion, or check in their t&cs in their offer.
    • EarthBoy
    • By EarthBoy 2nd Dec 17, 12:10 AM
    • 1,764 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    EarthBoy
    • 2nd Dec 17, 12:10 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 12:10 AM
    I haven't had my joining bonus either, but as I got the card for free (special offer via Free Postcode Lottery) I won't be bothering to complain.
    • adamh87
    • By adamh87 2nd Dec 17, 11:43 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    adamh87
    • 2nd Dec 17, 11:43 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 11:43 AM
    Pockit is a total scam, they ran a promo on TCB a few years back and didn't pay out then either.

Best avoided!
    • SuperSuze
    • By SuperSuze 2nd Dec 17, 1:05 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    SuperSuze
    • 2nd Dec 17, 1:05 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 1:05 PM
    Thanks for the info adam. Guess it's not looking a likely scenario, but I've emailed the MSE team and will call Pockit directly on Monday.

Re-looking at Pockit's website for charges and T's and C's. Apparently they've just introduced a new "Quarterly Maintenance Fee" of 99p ** For all customers who opened a new account after Nov 10th 2017!!!

Just to pre-warn anyone thinking of signing up. Probably best to cancel mine as I don't want extra charges and they're not covered by the FSCS.
    • username
    • By username 2nd Dec 17, 10:27 PM
    • 422 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    username
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:27 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:27 PM
    I would not bother phoning, from what I have read their service on the phones is pretty rubbish.

Instead email them, this is what I did when I had problems when they didn't pay the 5 signup bonus when I opened mine last year. Took a few emails but eventually made its way onto the card.

Plus you will also have a trail of messages, as opposed to having to explain everything from scratch to the call handler if you have to phone back.

I can't say I would ever use it as a main account, it's good for those trial type things you may forget to cancel as they cannot debit more than what is on the card. it's the only reason why I ever got a prepaid card.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

129Posts Today

2,493Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin