Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chiocken
    • By chiocken 1st Dec 17, 2:35 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 0Thanks
    chiocken
    Tumble Dryer in Tight Space
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:35 PM
    Tumble Dryer in Tight Space 1st Dec 17 at 2:35 PM
    I've just bought a new tumble dryer to fit in a 600mm cabinet space under the worktop. The machine is about 595mm wide, so there's very little space at the sides. There is a gap of about 150mm between the top of the machine and the worktop.

The air intake vent is on the left hand side of the machine, so I'm concerned that it might to be able to draw enough cool air, which might cause overheating or fire.

The house is brand new and the unit space was specifically designated for a tumble dryer (with another for a washing machine nearby).

Can anyone advise? Thanks.
Page 1
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 1st Dec 17, 3:25 PM
    • 1,196 Posts
    • 1,492 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    • 1st Dec 17, 3:25 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 3:25 PM
    What do the instructions for the new dryer say? There are normally specifications for clearance in the instruction manual. If your location doesn't comply, find another model, it really isn't worth the risk and if you do have a problem, you'll probably void any warranty if you use it in an unsuitable space.
    • cajef
    • By cajef 1st Dec 17, 3:43 PM
    • 4,582 Posts
    • 3,640 Thanks
    cajef
    • 1st Dec 17, 3:43 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 3:43 PM
    A lot of condenser tumble dryers have the air intake on the front so they can be fitted in a confined space, we bought a Bosch for this very reason.

If it is unused can you not exchange it?
    I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
    • chiocken
    • By chiocken 1st Dec 17, 3:47 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    chiocken
    • 1st Dec 17, 3:47 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 3:47 PM
    What do the instructions for the new dryer say? There are normally specifications for clearance in the instruction manual. If your location doesn't comply, find another model, it really isn't worth the risk and if you do have a problem, you'll probably void any warranty if you use it in an unsuitable space.
    Originally posted by Aylesbury Duck
    Thanks, I'll see if I can find that info. Should really have thought of that.

A lot of condenser tumble dryers have the air intake on the front so they can be fitted in a confined space, we bought a Bosch for this very reason.

If it is unused can you not exchange it?
    Originally posted by cajef
    Yes, I think so. It's unused and I'm sure there's a 14 day return period. Thanks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,131Posts Today

5,958Users online

Martin's Twitter