Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SOOBEE
    • By SOOBEE 1st Dec 17, 1:36 PM
    • 479Posts
    • 7,751Thanks
    SOOBEE
    Was issued ticket 3 minutes before end of day
    • 1st Dec 17, 1:36 PM
    Was issued ticket 3 minutes before end of day 1st Dec 17 at 1:36 PM
    Hello

I parked up on a Saturday evening checked my phone which said 6.59. I assumed at this point I would be ok bearing in mind there was no sign of a warden, and it would take more than a minute to issue a ticket. I crossed the road got some provisions and when I got back noticed I had been given a ticket at 18.57. A delivery driver told me traffic wardens target that area because people don't realise restriction ends at 7pm whereas on the opposite side it ends at 5.30pm. However I did know this, but obviously should have waited.
    I fully accept being fined for wrongdoing, but in my opinion this is petty, and it the fine which is now £130 disproportionate to the offence. Does anyone know of a similar case where someone has won their appeal? I would appreciate some advice.
    Thank you
    Last edited by SOOBEE; 01-12-2017 at 1:40 PM.
Page 1
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 1st Dec 17, 1:46 PM
    • 3,872 Posts
    • 5,455 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 1st Dec 17, 1:46 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 1:46 PM
    Who issued the ticket, and where??
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Herzlos
    • By Herzlos 1st Dec 17, 2:20 PM
    • 6,069 Posts
    • 5,510 Thanks
    Herzlos
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:20 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:20 PM
    Did you get a receipt for the provisions? What was the time on that?

This wouldn't be the first time a private parking 'warden' has put an incorrect time in to get the commission.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 1st Dec 17, 3:18 PM
    • 7,922 Posts
    • 8,033 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 1st Dec 17, 3:18 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 3:18 PM
    If this is a legit/council ticket, then get yourself over to the Pepipoo forum for best help/advice. IIRC, some councils do issue a double penalty to people caught in first/last few minutes of any restriction. Mainly Parking and bus lanes I think.

If its a private parking ticket, start by having a good read of the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum - which will inform you fully and lay-out your options to challenge/appeal/defend.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

973Posts Today

6,280Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @SF_England: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, just so everyone is aware- check your payslips between when you graduated and the following Ap?

• Sorry to bubble burst. But each day a lot of people tweet me this. I think it doesn't show any other votes until t? https://t.co/uRny62NRc1

• Today's Twitter poll: I want to find out are people generally happy. So how happy are you today? PS I did the same? https://t.co/3Gw9ylu2H2

• Follow Martin