Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tbab
    • By tbab 1st Dec 17, 1:20 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tbab
    Fraudulent transactions
    • 1st Dec 17, 1:20 PM
    Fraudulent transactions 1st Dec 17 at 1:20 PM
    Hi all,
    Last November after getting a new Sainsburys credit card I noticed two fraudulent transactions. I called them immediately. When I called them they could see more transactions coming through all to Game. I confirmed none of them were me and they assured me all would be credited back. They cancelled my card and issued me with a new one. I didn't think anything more of it. I couldn't check transactions online as when they cancelled the card I lost access to it online. I'm going through all my statements now (after contacting them to have them sent) and have only just noticed they only credited me back for two of the six transactions. I feel extremely stupid having left it so late to check through. II was actually looking for something else when checking now. My question is this: as the fraud was originally reported within time limit, am I still entitled to the money back? I reported it in a timely fashion but just didn't pick up on the fact I wasn't correctly reimbursed until now.
    Any help greatly appreciated.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 1st Dec 17, 1:33 PM
    • 14,386 Posts
    • 15,173 Thanks
    zx81
    • 1st Dec 17, 1:33 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 1:33 PM
    You'll need to talk to them and see what they say.

If they are transaction that they promised to refund, you should have a case, if evidence still exists. If they are ones that you didn't notice for a year, it's going to be harder.
    • eco_warrior
    • By eco_warrior 1st Dec 17, 9:33 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    eco_warrior
    • 1st Dec 17, 9:33 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 9:33 PM
    Not sure what time limit you think applies? You should be fine if the other 2 transactions were confirmed as fraud at the time
    • Sncjw
    • By Sncjw 2nd Dec 17, 8:55 AM
    • 1,498 Posts
    • 892 Thanks
    Sncjw
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:55 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:55 AM
    You say two transactions at the start then say 2 of 6 transactions
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 2nd Dec 17, 10:49 AM
    • 10,864 Posts
    • 7,093 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:49 AM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:49 AM
    You say two transactions at the start then say 2 of 6 transactions
    Originally posted by Sncjw
    When I called them they could see more transactions coming through all to Game. I confirmed none of them were me and they assured me all would be credited back.
    Originally posted by tbab
    I am guessing the other 4 were the ones still to come through..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

120Posts Today

3,045Users online

Martin's Twitter