Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • N.C
    • By N.C 1st Dec 17, 1:03 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    N.C
    Please HELP! PCN Parking charge All Day Parking Britania Parking
    • 1st Dec 17, 1:03 PM
    Please HELP! PCN Parking charge All Day Parking Britania Parking 1st Dec 17 at 1:03 PM
    Hi,
    I am new to this. Ive looked on the newbies page but cant seem to find my specific situation.
    Date of contravention 11.10.17

The DRIVER parked in an all day car park which charges £3.20 (through an app) for any period between 8am to 11pm. THE DRIVER arrived at 13:18 and left at 15:16. THE DRIVER left without paying however THE DRIVER did pay through the app on the same day at 6pm.

THE DRIVER was in a courtesy car at the time and therefore the first Notice To Keeper was sent to the garage 17.10.17

They told them it was me and gave them my name and address to which Britania Parking sent a Notice to Driver/Hirer 28.11/17

The Charge has now been increased to £100.

THE DRIVER tried appealing online but it says it cant be done.(presume because it has passed the 29 days from the contravention?)

Although the garage named me as driver, there are other people on the insurance that were able to drive it.

Any help would be deeply appreciated
    Last edited by N.C; 01-12-2017 at 3:51 PM.
Page 1
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 1st Dec 17, 3:53 PM
    • 1,144 Posts
    • 1,173 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 1st Dec 17, 3:53 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 3:53 PM
    The newbies thread covers this. Im guessing you skipped over the part where it says not to look for an exact match to your situation?

Your situation is easy. Britannia are refusing a HIRER appeal as it is "out of time", but the notice to hirer should also have an appeal period on it. Yes or No answer needed here!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 1st Dec 17, 5:19 PM
    • 15,886 Posts
    • 24,632 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 1st Dec 17, 5:19 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 5:19 PM
    Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post # 1 and look for the appeal written by Edna Basher which is related to car hire/lease/loan scenarios.

THE DRIVER tried appealing online but it says it cant be done.(presume because it has passed the 29 days from the contravention?)
    The keeper (the person to whom the car was loaned) will be doing the appeal. ‘29 days from the contravention’ has no relevance.

Send in the E Basher appeal and see how they respond. If they still won’t accept receipt of it, you’ll need to complain to the BPA and (by copy) the DVLA.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

222Posts Today

1,811Users online

Martin's Twitter