Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • aardvaak
    • By aardvaak 1st Dec 17, 12:59 PM
    • 4,243Posts
    • 1,881Thanks
    aardvaak
    Bitcoins
    • 1st Dec 17, 12:59 PM
    Bitcoins 1st Dec 17 at 12:59 PM
    I just saw a link on Facebook about starting a Bitcoin account.

Does this work?

How does it work?

Has anyone here used it?
Page 2
    • ben501
    • By ben501 4th Dec 17, 1:15 PM
    • 216 Posts
    • 306 Thanks
    ben501
    To all those sceptics (or haters?), I dabbled a bit earlier this year (about $1000 worth). Since then I've spent about $2000, and every time I spend some the balance goes up.

If it's a bubble I don't care. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. I've already spent my initial deposit twice over, and now that mainstream investors have started to take notice, the price is going up even quicker.

I often point out to people that it's not an investment, but compared to going down to the bookies and blowing it all on the 3.30 at the local course, this has been one heck of a ride, and it ain't over yet.

It may crash one day, but then it may keep going for years. With modification there's no reason it can't stay the number one crypto, and while it's there I've got myself a magic money pot to enjoy using.
    • frenchplonka
    • By frenchplonka 4th Dec 17, 2:20 PM
    • 267 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    frenchplonka
    Yea my bank didnt allow my first transaction had to ring them so they would lift the block after that no problems
    Sealed Pot Challenge 10 - #571
    • msallen
    • By msallen 4th Dec 17, 2:34 PM
    • 595 Posts
    • 574 Thanks
    msallen
    To all those sceptics (or haters?)
    Originally posted by ben501
    Telling how anyone who doesn't buy into the hype is branded a hater.

Gets more like a religion every day.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,015Posts Today

6,121Users online

Martin's Twitter