Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tinalou123
    • By tinalou123 1st Dec 17, 12:29 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tinalou123
    Noddle.com don't think I exist?
    • 1st Dec 17, 12:29 PM
    Noddle.com don't think I exist? 1st Dec 17 at 12:29 PM
    Hi, Newbie to the forum here.

Last Friday I attempted to sign up to Tesco mobile via their website and purchase 2 mobile phone contracts, after entering all of my details correctly the screen froze upon submission and "unable to pass identity check" was displayed. I assumed this was an issue with the website so phoned the contact number to continue my purchase. After going through the procedure with the advisor he got the same result, he tried 3 times to which on the last attempt he said I was now locked out from anymore attempts for 7 days. I've never had such an issue ever, so had to dig a little deeper.

I was a little concerned so opened communications with Tesco Mobile Facebook team, they informed me to contact Experian and said they would contact the appropriate team on Monday to see what the issue was, when they made contact again they said they couldn't say what the issue was but did say it would be in my interest to now contact a website called Noddle.com as this was the only company you use to obtain identity checks.

After contacting Experian who stated everything on on my file was in excellent order and could see this for myself, I contacted the bank, action fraud and the police as I was slightly worried I'd been a victim of identity theft. The bank informed me there were no issues and that there's no reason I should be rejected from a service, the police and action fraud have also said there were no issues.

the Tesco Mobile Facebook team have informed me there is nothing else they can do. Twice I've tried to setup a callback with the service team, both times they have failed to call me.

I have signed up to Noddle and that states they have no credit history for me, yet I can get a full report from Experian. There is no contact information for Noddle apart from a help email, I contacted and got a reluctant reply after several days stating they don't have any credit history for me? I've replied suggesting the problem is with them as I can see everything with Experian and still waiting for a reply again.

As you can see I am somewhat stuck against the wall here, I have a full verifiable credit and identity history within credit agents and have never heard of Noddle nor they me for that fact.

Whats more concerning is I would not be able to partake in my profession of 13 years if my credit history was bad and identity unverifiable.

I have recently cancelled my current mobile contract to join Tesco Mobile but am now somewhat stuck and running out of time.

I would still like the opportunity to join Tesco Mobile but can see Noddle deforming my chances of this without any foundation or clarity to resolve.

If anyone has some light on this situation please contact me, I can only guess my next options are to contact the Financial and Telecommunication Ombudsman.

Regards
    Tina
    Last edited by tinalou123; 01-12-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 1st Dec 17, 12:32 PM
    • 14,378 Posts
    • 15,159 Thanks
    zx81
    • 1st Dec 17, 12:32 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 12:32 PM
    Most likely is that the providers you use don't report to Call Credit.

There's no reason to be phoning the police or action fraud just because Tesco won't give you a contract. Certainly the FOS won't be interested.

Try another mobile provider. Alo check your Equifax report to ensure all is well on there.
    • tinalou123
    • By tinalou123 1st Dec 17, 12:38 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tinalou123
    • 1st Dec 17, 12:38 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 12:38 PM
    Hi there,

As I stated, I contacted the police and Action fraud because I was concerned with identity theft, due to not having any issues like this before.

I think my concerns were justified to rule it out and move on.

Thanks for your reply.
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 1st Dec 17, 1:11 PM
    • 590 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    RG2015
    • 1st Dec 17, 1:11 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 1:11 PM
    You should be aware that Noddle is not a credit reporting agency (CRA) but only a conduit for Callcredit which is a CRA. All of the data on the Noddle report comes from CallCredit so they are the ones that you would need to contact if you wanted to pursue the issue.
    • tinalou123
    • By tinalou123 1st Dec 17, 1:13 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tinalou123
    • 1st Dec 17, 1:13 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 1:13 PM
    Brilliant, just sent an email to Callcredit and chiming in with Equifax as we speak.

Thanks for your help guys.
    • tinalou123
    • By tinalou123 1st Dec 17, 2:00 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tinalou123
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:00 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:00 PM
    Signed up to Equifax and everything looks sound.
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 1st Dec 17, 2:05 PM
    • 1,230 Posts
    • 1,012 Thanks
    Comms69
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:05 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:05 PM
    Most people would just go elsewhere, you've given it both barrels, reloaded and shot again!

Relax, You're fine.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 1st Dec 17, 2:07 PM
    • 30,399 Posts
    • 19,220 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:07 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:07 PM
    Signed up to Equifax and everything looks sound.
    Originally posted by tinalou123
    Signed up with Call credit then ?
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • SuperSuze
    • By SuperSuze 1st Dec 17, 2:14 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    SuperSuze
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:14 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:14 PM
    Noddle is a weird company indeed. Last year I signed up for their free credit report service, giving plenty of information about my former addresses etc. To this day, every month they send me an automated email saying "We could not locate your credit report". Aren't they supposed to be compiling it? ;-)
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 1st Dec 17, 2:17 PM
    • 590 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    RG2015
    Noddle is a weird company indeed. Last year I signed up for their free credit report service, giving plenty of information about my former addresses etc. To this day, every month they send me an automated email saying "We could not locate your credit report". Aren't they supposed to be compiling it? ;-)
    Originally posted by SuperSuze
    No, they just purchase the data from the credit reporting agency, CallCredit.
    • tinalou123
    • By tinalou123 1st Dec 17, 2:22 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tinalou123
    Singed up to multiple companies now all with a perfectly fine historic report.

The response on Noddle is...

Unfortunately we cannot currently generate a credit report for you. This is because you donít currently have enough of a credit history to populate a full credit file. But thatís where weíre here to help. With your Noddle account you will find information about building a credit file and accessing your credit report as well as services to help you save money on the important things in life, from utilities and broadband to high street shopping.

I try to sign up with Callcredit and it puts me through to Noddle lol, starting to loose my noddle!
    Last edited by tinalou123; 01-12-2017 at 2:26 PM.
    • tinalou123
    • By tinalou123 1st Dec 17, 2:36 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tinalou123
    Most people would just go elsewhere, you've given it both barrels, reloaded and shot again!

Relax, You're fine.
    Originally posted by Comms69
    Not quite sure what that means.

I'm just trying to establish why this company denied me access based on the legitimacy of my credit and identity where other don't have a problem.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

217Posts Today

1,922Users online

Martin's Twitter