Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CHRIS_mackenzie
    • By CHRIS_mackenzie 1st Dec 17, 12:10 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CHRIS_mackenzie
    Claims Company did not do all the work
    • 1st Dec 17, 12:10 PM
    Claims Company did not do all the work 1st Dec 17 at 12:10 PM
    ok so first I feel stupid that I involved them at all but I did. I did not expect the VAT which at 20% which means they want around half the the amount not the 30% I was expecting.

However, as I had numerous calls from the bank and had to complete their questionairre etc the claims company did not do all the work so do I have any chance of getting them to reduce their fee? The said they would take care of everything and they did not.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 1st Dec 17, 12:13 PM
    • 14,359 Posts
    • 15,124 Thanks
    zx81
    • 1st Dec 17, 12:13 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 12:13 PM
    All any claims company will ever do is stick a stamp on your complaint and post it for you.

Only you were ever going to be able to answer the bank's questions. I'm afraid you're stuck with the bill now.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 1st Dec 17, 12:27 PM
    • 89,853 Posts
    • 56,518 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 1st Dec 17, 12:27 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 12:27 PM
    All the CMC does is put the complaint template in the envelope and send it to the address on the bank's website that you would have sent it to had you done it. It is just a few minutes work for a CMC. However, that is what you are employing them to do.

so do I have any chance of getting them to reduce their fee?
    Parasites don't tend to be generous.

The said they would take care of everything and they did not.
    You were missold again.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • HappyHarry
    • By HappyHarry 1st Dec 17, 12:53 PM
    • 456 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    HappyHarry
    • 1st Dec 17, 12:53 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 12:53 PM
    ok so first I feel stupid that I involved them at all but I did. I did not expect the VAT which at 20% which means they want around half the the amount not the 30% I was expecting.

However, as I had numerous calls from the bank and had to complete their questionairre etc the claims company did not do all the work so do I have any chance of getting them to reduce their fee? The said they would take care of everything and they did not.
    Originally posted by CHRIS_mackenzie
    The VAT is 20% of the fee, not 20% of the overall compensation.

30% + (20% of 30%) = 36%.

That's still a very expensive stamp you have paid for.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser. Any comments I make here are intended for information / discussion only. Nothing I post here should be construed as advice. If you are looking for individual financial advice, please contact a local Independent Financial Adviser.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,089Posts Today

6,592Users online

Martin's Twitter