Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • crossone
    • By crossone 1st Dec 17, 11:35 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    crossone
    Failure to pay for duration of stay
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:35 AM
    Failure to pay for duration of stay 1st Dec 17 at 11:35 AM
    Thank you so much for this excellent resource. Any thoughts on the below most welcome.

NTK arrived within 14 days. They have amended the wording since some of the above posts, but it does still state "if within 28 days we have not received full payment or driver details" (my emphasis) which I know is non-compliant wording.

The car park in question allows 3 hours free parking, thereafter a charge per hour is payable. But payment can only be made once the 3 hours have expired and only by mobile phone. What if you are held up (I appreciate this is not a legal point) and either don't own a mobile or the battery is flat at the end of the 3-hour period? I have never before used a car park where cash payment is not possible. This seems to be a potential discrimination issue to me (older drivers statistically less likely to own a mobile phone).

Any thoughts on offering to pay the charge for the extra time late on the basis that there is then no breach of contract as the parking sign does not specify the latest time by which payment can be made?
Page 1
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 1st Dec 17, 11:43 AM
    • 1,159 Posts
    • 1,191 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:43 AM
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:43 AM
    Which PPC?
    If you are held up - this is frustration of contract
    They have to accept cash, arguably, if they are claiming a debt accrues otherwise.
    • crossone
    • By crossone 1st Dec 17, 12:52 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    crossone
    • 1st Dec 17, 12:52 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 12:52 PM
    Gemini

Any other thoughts and comments gratefully received.

Keeper is minded to offer to pay for one hour's additional parking without giving away identity of driver
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 1st Dec 17, 12:54 PM
    • 1,159 Posts
    • 1,191 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 1st Dec 17, 12:54 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 12:54 PM
    Not a hope that will be worth doing
    Have you read the newbies thread, which gives you a precise route to follow, based on the PPC?
    • crossone
    • By crossone 1st Dec 17, 3:17 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    crossone
    • 1st Dec 17, 3:17 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 3:17 PM
    Have you read the newbies thread, which gives you a precise route to follow, based on the PPC?
    Originally posted by nosferatu1001
    Yes, and I have located the template appeal to PPC based on this being a postal NTK and will adapt that. I was just wondering what else to include.

Thanks again for your help - there's just a lot to absorb for a newbie
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 1st Dec 17, 3:34 PM
    • 1,159 Posts
    • 1,191 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 1st Dec 17, 3:34 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 3:34 PM
    The template is a template for a reason.
    The appeal to a PPC is almost never successful, so the template is used to ensure no wrong info is given away, and to not expend time on these parasites.

Make sure you send the right template. ROUND logo denotes the membership you care about.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

334Posts Today

2,304Users online

Martin's Twitter