Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • henry24
    • By henry24 1st Dec 17, 11:21 AM
    • 76Posts
    • 34Thanks
    henry24
    Advice needed
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:21 AM
    Advice needed 1st Dec 17 at 11:21 AM
    Along the road from us is a single female who we have know for 10 years who I have done little jobs for and who comes for a meal maybe once a month with no problems, two years ago she had a baby who we have both looked after and enjoyed time with. My wife has now decided that I'm getting to involved with the child and mother and that I will not visit again, this is something I cant agree with so is causing a lot of arguments between us.
    Who's right what do other females think?
Page 4
    • Tabbytabitha
    • By Tabbytabitha 3rd Dec 17, 12:13 PM
    • 492 Posts
    • 965 Thanks
    Tabbytabitha
    I suspect he knows yes, but she won't say, which is exactly the same thing as not knowing.
    Originally posted by -taff
    Is it?.....
    • -taff
    • By -taff 3rd Dec 17, 6:38 PM
    • 7,178 Posts
    • 5,164 Thanks
    -taff
    Yep.

I could surmise that my other half was annoyed with me for laughing and having a good time and not including him in a conversation when he had made no effort at all, then he had got jealous and decided I wasn't to speak to the other person at all ever again, but not actually told me that he was jealous, so all I could do was ask and keep asking what was wrong.

So yes, I would know, yet not know definitively. It's possible.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 3rd Dec 17, 7:04 PM
    • 18,583 Posts
    • 47,836 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Yep.

I could surmise that my other half was annoyed with me for laughing and having a good time and not including him in a conversation when he had made no effort at all, then he had got jealous and decided I wasn't to speak to the other person at all ever again, but not actually told me that he was jealous, so all I could do was ask and keep asking what was wrong.

So yes, I would know, yet not know definitively. It's possible.
    I suspect something much more obvious happened between Henry & this woman than the convoluted story you suggest above.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 3rd Dec 17, 8:44 PM
    • 7,178 Posts
    • 5,164 Thanks
    -taff
    Well, we don't know and I'm not jumping to the worst conclusion.

It doesn't sound like they're having an affair, or that he wants one. Sounds like something happened on the day out. But we don't know what because he hasn't ome back to say what did.
    • Tabbytabitha
    • By Tabbytabitha 3rd Dec 17, 9:16 PM
    • 492 Posts
    • 965 Thanks
    Tabbytabitha
    I suspect something much more obvious happened between Henry & this woman than the convoluted story you suggest above.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    Maybe the toddler's beginning to look like Henry?
    • -taff
    • By -taff 3rd Dec 17, 9:49 PM
    • 7,178 Posts
    • 5,164 Thanks
    -taff
    Originally posted by Pollycat

Not that convoluted, it happened to me, and I had done nothing apart from chat to a group of people that he knew and had invited, that he was too shy/childish/grumpy to talk to as well.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 3rd Dec 17, 10:15 PM
    • 18,583 Posts
    • 47,836 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Not that convoluted, it happened to me, and I had done nothing apart from chat to a group of people that he knew and had invited, that he was too shy/childish/grumpy to talk to as well.
    Maybe so.
    But as I posted earlier, I still think Henry knows exactly what's wrong with Mrs Henry.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 3rd Dec 17, 11:30 PM
    • 7,178 Posts
    • 5,164 Thanks
    -taff
    One mystery that may never be solved
    • ska lover
    • By ska lover 4th Dec 17, 9:31 AM
    • 2,552 Posts
    • 6,225 Thanks
    ska lover
    ....and looks like the OP has slunk off, now the tide of opinion has not gone the way he wanted.
    Blah blah blah.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 4th Dec 17, 9:31 AM
    • 18,583 Posts
    • 47,836 Thanks
    Pollycat
    One mystery that may never be solved
    I think Henry probably expected to get more support than he has.
    • henry24
    • By henry24 4th Dec 17, 1:15 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    henry24
    Just to answer some points, I have no idea what happened on that day and have no idea what is up with her, we have not had an affair and while married I never would and as I said earlier it's very rare for me to even speak to her on my own, I never expected any support just wondered what others opinions where.
    • ska lover
    • By ska lover 4th Dec 17, 1:17 PM
    • 2,552 Posts
    • 6,225 Thanks
    ska lover
    Just to answer some points, I have no idea what happened on that day and have no idea what is up with her, we have not had an affair and while married I never would and as I said earlier it's very rare for me to even speak to her on my own, I never expected any support just wondered what others opinions where.
    Originally posted by henry24

Now you know, what do you plan to do with this information Henry, how are things with your wife?
    Blah blah blah.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 4th Dec 17, 1:40 PM
    • 18,583 Posts
    • 47,836 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Originally posted by henry24
    Henry
    Don't you think it very strange that after 10 years of being friendly with this woman, your wife has suddenly decided that she wants no further contact with her and doesn't want you to have contact with her either?

Doesn't that tell you that something has happened recently to change your wife's opinion of this friendship?

I think you really need to try harder to get an answer from your wife what has gone wrong (if you really are totally unaware of why she's changed).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

469Posts Today

3,159Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin