Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GustyGardenGalaxy
    • By GustyGardenGalaxy 1st Dec 17, 10:41 AM
    • 609Posts
    • 141Thanks
    GustyGardenGalaxy
    0 WOW
    Who uses Tesco home shopping for groceries?
    • 1st Dec 17, 10:41 AM
    0 WOW
    Who uses Tesco home shopping for groceries? 1st Dec 17 at 10:41 AM
    I've been using Tesco home shopping for my groceries for years but relatively recently they've updated the web site (apparently to accommodate mobile phone and tablet users) and now it's a really bad experience when shopping on my desktop PC (I don't have a smrtphone or a tablet).

It's very slow, it's incredibly clunky and "My favourites" now takes up five pages instead of the usual two because the spacing has increased between the items.

A sensible option would be for them to simply allow shoppers to select between "mobile" and "desktop/old website" when logging in, but no such option is available.

Has anyone else been aggrieved by the new Tesco grocery shopping "experience"?
    Last edited by GustyGardenGalaxy; 04-12-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Page 1
    • pjran
    • By pjran 1st Dec 17, 2:52 PM
    • 996 Posts
    • 6,061 Thanks
    pjran
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:52 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:52 PM
    I agree, took me ages last time I placed an order with them.

I still use them occasionally and try to find a cheap delivery slot because they’re delivery is more expensive than Sainsbury’s.
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 1st Dec 17, 5:27 PM
    • 7,221 Posts
    • 10,146 Thanks
    KxMx
    • 1st Dec 17, 5:27 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 5:27 PM
    I shop on tablet and I'm getting the issues you've described.

I am hoping it's teething problems and things will improve!
    • GustyGardenGalaxy
    • By GustyGardenGalaxy 1st Dec 17, 5:52 PM
    • 609 Posts
    • 141 Thanks
    GustyGardenGalaxy
    • 1st Dec 17, 5:52 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 5:52 PM
    I've phoned and emailed them a few times about the problems (I was always polite) - on the phone calls I just get platitudes and they never reply to the emails so I can't see things changing I'm afraid.
    • earthmother
    • By earthmother 2nd Dec 17, 8:23 PM
    • 2,513 Posts
    • 5,426 Thanks
    earthmother
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:23 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:23 PM
    There's functionality been lost too - being able to view favourites by department for example, or see more than 20 items on a page. And has anyone else noticed search results re-ordering themselves when you change pages? Sometimes I'll see the same couple of items on each page - which must mean I'm not seeing others. The shopping basket does the same sometimes when editing.

I keep filling in the 'what do you think' questions when they're available, you never know - we did get the shopping lists back, even if they can't be edited at the moment.
    Last edited by earthmother; 02-12-2017 at 8:25 PM. Reason: forgot a bit
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to be dealing with have dealt with my debts
    • Tigsteroonie
    • By Tigsteroonie 2nd Dec 17, 8:28 PM
    • 22,565 Posts
    • 56,216 Thanks
    Tigsteroonie
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:28 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:28 PM
    I'll just add my voice to the "don't like the new Tesco online grocery shopping site" debate. I know it's designed for mobile/tablet, but it looks "dumbed down" to me They removed the Lists functionality for a while, it's back now but with warnings that they will removing it again soon.
    Going to become Mrs Marleyboy for real

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

Proud Parents to an Au-some son
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 2nd Dec 17, 8:33 PM
    • 2,751 Posts
    • 2,096 Thanks
    BOBS
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:33 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 8:33 PM
    Another vote for being really disappointed with new site. Very glitchy and and it totally cracks me up the way my shop keeps re-ordering itself. Have filled in the survey at end couple of times for comments on new page but no feedback from tesco.
    • GustyGardenGalaxy
    • By GustyGardenGalaxy 2nd Dec 17, 9:28 PM
    • 609 Posts
    • 141 Thanks
    GustyGardenGalaxy
    • 2nd Dec 17, 9:28 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 9:28 PM
    Another thing that I've noticed is that with the old system it used to be possible, when viewing a previous order (or the current one), to check a box then click a button and all of the items were copied into a fresh basket. That option has also gone and I used to use it a lot.

I'll be moving to another online store at this rate as the current changes are making shopping a tortuous pain with Tesco.
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 4th Dec 17, 11:36 AM
    • 2,751 Posts
    • 2,096 Thanks
    BOBS
    • 4th Dec 17, 11:36 AM
    • 4th Dec 17, 11:36 AM
    Should we send tesco.com a link to this thread - maybe they will take notice.
    • Carrot007
    • By Carrot007 4th Dec 17, 11:40 AM
    • 758 Posts
    • 616 Thanks
    Carrot007
    The trouble you get wit hthis like this is that the people you comlain to do not have to power to do anything about it and they don't like passing such messages onto those who can because they paid for the changes and become upset that it was a waste.

Public shaming on twitter is the only thing that will get you noticed.
    • GustyGardenGalaxy
    • By GustyGardenGalaxy 4th Dec 17, 11:55 AM
    • 609 Posts
    • 141 Thanks
    GustyGardenGalaxy
    Shaming them on Twitter sounds like a good plan but it would need to be coordinated.
    • Tamsin Temrin
    • By Tamsin Temrin 4th Dec 17, 12:00 PM
    • 395 Posts
    • 867 Thanks
    Tamsin Temrin
    I like the new website. I can select for lifestyle like vegetarian or dairy free. It's not a thing of beauty, but it's still functional.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 4th Dec 17, 12:04 PM
    • 7,936 Posts
    • 8,058 Thanks
    pogofish
    Used it twice -Both times they managed to completely mess-up the deliveries. so no more.
    • GustyGardenGalaxy
    • By GustyGardenGalaxy 4th Dec 17, 12:06 PM
    • 609 Posts
    • 141 Thanks
    GustyGardenGalaxy
    I like the new website. I can select for lifestyle like vegetarian or dairy free. It's not a thing of beauty, but it's still functional.
    Originally posted by Tamsin Temrin
    So are 100 year old antique cars but you wouldn't want to drive to work in one.

I've already outlined my criticisms in my first post and follow-ups so I won't repeat them but the new site is, quite frankly, awful.
    • sheep-ali
    • By sheep-ali 7th Dec 17, 8:13 AM
    • 551 Posts
    • 589 Thanks
    sheep-ali
    I agree the new site is a nightmare. It took me an hour to do my last shop. I would have been quicker going in person.
    • judexx
    • By judexx 11th Dec 17, 1:32 PM
    • 437 Posts
    • 807 Thanks
    judexx
    Really hope that they are losing sales with the new web site - think that's the only thing that might make them look at it again.

Certainly I've been using them less, and when my delivery saver expires next month it will only be an occasional order that I do with them.

Life's too short to have to spend half the evening faffing about with an awful website.

The irony of it is, before they changed it, I'd recommend Tesco to online shopping novices, as having the best/easiest to use website.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 11th Dec 17, 1:38 PM
    • 12,709 Posts
    • 40,276 Thanks
    sarah1972
    I must be the only one that doesnt see much difference?

All my favourites are still in the normal place and there is 50 items per page which I think is ok.

It just looks a bit neater but I can find any difference when placing an order.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Februarycat
    • By Februarycat 11th Dec 17, 1:44 PM
    • 1,219 Posts
    • 1,611 Thanks
    Februarycat
    I agree the new site is very slow and my pc always seems to freeze halfway through it. Been using Sainsburys more as it's much quicker and prefer the layout.
    OnePoll = £40.00 11/3/16
    Pureprofile = £15.20
    PanelOpinion = £2.95
    • tesuhoha
    • By tesuhoha 13th Dec 17, 7:25 PM
    • 16,387 Posts
    • 43,102 Thanks
    tesuhoha
    Basically its a case of 'if it's not broken, why try to fix it?'. I miss the shopping lists where you can list a number of items when you think of them and gradually work through the list. I also don't like that you have to sign in before you start shopping and booking a slot seems more complicated too.

I stick with it because I like the Delivery Saver and I buy Denby stuff with the points I collect.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

The best kept secret is an open secret.

A vacuum is nature's default state.
    • Tigger1000
    • By Tigger1000 14th Dec 17, 10:14 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Tigger1000
    Just got so fed up with Tesco this evening, I've put my first ever order in with Asda!

The new website is appalling, I hate it - 5 pages of over-spaced-out products, with naff "suggestions", and then I find that the bits I normally order online because I can't get them in our local Tesco's just weren't in stock.

Loads of stuff seemed to be "unavailable" - and when I couldn't even get J2o, it was the last straw. Either their supply chain is as bad as their website, or they're trying to get me to buy more expensive stuff.

Tried to talk to them to query why so much was missing via Fb Messenger (very frustrating, they seem to have gone automated), only to find they weren't answering.

So fed up - you'd think they didn't want customers!
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    Winnie the Pooh
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

76Posts Today

3,552Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin