Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • EllisDee
    • By EllisDee 1st Dec 17, 10:24 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 2Thanks
    EllisDee
    Solicitor Required - Help needed!
    • 1st Dec 17, 10:24 AM
    Solicitor Required - Help needed! 1st Dec 17 at 10:24 AM
    Hi all,

I'm currently going through a remortgage & transfer of equity. Currently both mum & I are on the deeds but we are changing this to just myself.

The solicitors that I have, have advised they are unable to help my mum as it would be a conflict of interest.

I asked my mum to call a a solicitors office nearby & they requested £500 to do a transfer of equity.

I spoke to my solicitors regarding this & they said this price was way to high considering they are not doing the transfer of equity & are just representing my mum in the matter.

How can I find a cheaper solicitor, any recommendations, what should I be asking for is it just representation & not transfer of equity?

Thanks,
Page 1
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 1st Dec 17, 11:03 AM
    • 6,245 Posts
    • 6,025 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:03 AM
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:03 AM
    Can't your solicitor suggest someone? They ought to know who's local (assuming they are) and normally does this sort of thing.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

955Posts Today

6,014Users online

Martin's Twitter