Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GingerVador
    • By GingerVador 1st Dec 17, 8:21 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    GingerVador
    Renault Master, Nissian NV400, Vaxhaul Movano side door alarm fix
    • 1st Dec 17, 8:21 AM
    Renault Master, Nissian NV400, Vaxhaul Movano side door alarm fix 1st Dec 17 at 8:21 AM
    Hi everyone. After ages of searching the internet for a fix for the side door showing open on my nissian NV400 I found no actual fixes so set about it myself.
    What you need;

Wire cutters
    Screwdriver with securing screw bit to fit existing screws on sensor
    Pz2 screwdrivers (or a phillips)
    2 x server rack cage nuts (most it departments will be able to spare 2 or a high street IT shop will sell them)
    2 x counter sunk m6 screws with a pack of 10 small washer to fit over (Can be picked up from hardware store or bolt and nut supplier. The m6 screws I used were 30mm long and the washer were 20mm wide).
    Clear silicone

1 remove the sensor located in the door itself using the screwdriver with the correct security bit.
    2 completely remove screws and cut away the black plastic spreaders on the rear of the sensor with the wire cutters. (The parts that the screw you have just removed pushes through).
    3 fit cage nuts into the square holes in the door itself which the screws and spreaders you have just removed used to site.
    4 secure door sensor using m6 screws with a washer behind each, on the back of the sensor not immediately under the screw, to space the sensor away from the door.
    5 drive around trying various combinations of washers until you find a fix. (My fix was 2 washers behind each screw and 2 washers behind the sensor half way down on the outside to lean the sensor back into the van.
    6 once you are happy you have fixed the problem use silicone to seal around the door sensor leaving a small gap at the bottom to let any water drain away.

Done. No more horrible journies with beep beep beep. This has worked fine for me. My fault was that the door would a creep open slightly when I was driving which would result in the door going in and out of door open alarm constantly so the beeps never stopped. It all came to a head after a 4 hour journey. After that I removed the door, tightened the hinges, played with the sensor, cleaned everything and the only fix was the one above. Took 3 months of messing around but I got there.

Hope this fixes it for you.
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 1st Dec 17, 7:26 PM
    • 26,214 Posts
    • 10,469 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 1st Dec 17, 7:26 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 7:26 PM
    Or you could just fix the door from opening whilst driving which is a bigger fault than the sensor.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • GingerVador
    • By GingerVador 5th Dec 17, 3:37 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    GingerVador
    • 5th Dec 17, 3:37 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 3:37 PM
    Hi thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately there is not a fix for the door itself it's a common problem with this range of vans and in my case Nissian themselves have been unable to fix the problem after having it to several body shops.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,588Posts Today

8,648Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: REPORT PUBLISHED: We reveal how #regulators of essential services can level the playing field & better support consumers with #m?

• RT @mmhpi: "I have massive #anxiety about talking to strangers on the phone" - Regulators must improve the accessibility of essential serv?

• RT @itvMLshow: I know you may be sad that we have no more shows this year BUT you wont have to wait too long for our next LIVE SPECIAL whic?

• Follow Martin