Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • javixeneize
    • By javixeneize 1st Dec 17, 7:47 AM
    • 16Posts
    • 0Thanks
    javixeneize
    My experience with premiere property lawyers
    • 1st Dec 17, 7:47 AM
    My experience with premiere property lawyers 1st Dec 17 at 7:47 AM
    Hi

I want to share my experience with premiere property lawyers firm

They have several names as My home move or advanced conveyancing. They are recommended by purplebricks

The summary is... they do nearly nothing from you. I will elaborate now

First, they send you a really good quote, and a lot of documentation. You start filling it, you pay the initial payment for searches and... now, they are in control

Inmediately, they sent me a new financial statement that was more than £200 more expensive than the initial one. They said it was an estimation...

Regarding the rest of the process (still unfinished), they just send you documentation from land registry and the result of the searches carried out by a third party

When there is something unclear or when you need them to speak with sellers solicitors, you can be waiting weeks to have a response

So, my experience with them has been pretty bad. I feel like if I have done the whole process by myself, understanding documents (they donít clarify the questions you have), searching for information, and asking the sellers the questions directly. In fact, as I said before, apart from providing that documentation (that you can access directly), they donít provide any other service

Maybe itís just me having a bad experience with them. Has anybody else had any experience with them?
Page 1
    • Surrey_EA
    • By Surrey_EA 1st Dec 17, 8:39 AM
    • 1,316 Posts
    • 1,590 Thanks
    Surrey_EA
    • 1st Dec 17, 8:39 AM
    • 1st Dec 17, 8:39 AM
    I don't think it's just you.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1849083
    • jessy-eve
    • By jessy-eve 1st Dec 17, 8:55 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    jessy-eve
    • 1st Dec 17, 8:55 AM
    • 1st Dec 17, 8:55 AM
    We used them earlier this year - recommended as all could be completed online which we needed with very busy work schedules.

Our experience overall was okay. As first time buyers, the whole thing was pretty straightforward between us and the vendor.

what we did notice was - we had to research what everything meant ourselves.

they were extremely difficult to get into contact with - never answering phone calls or phoning back etc.

In the end, out exchange date was arranged between ourselves, the vender and estate agent as we were so sick of waiting for them!

Wouldn't use or recommend to anyone in the future!
    personal savings = £16200
    #21 - Save 12K in 2017 £2156.95/£3500 61.6%
    • Tiglet2
    • By Tiglet2 1st Dec 17, 8:57 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Tiglet2
    • 1st Dec 17, 8:57 AM
    • 1st Dec 17, 8:57 AM
    I actually had a good experience with PPL, however I guess it depends on your expectations. I think they provided good value for money for an acceptable service. No, I didn't get updates all the time and did rely on the tracker telling me how far along we were. I spoke to my conveyancer whenever she needed to speak to me, but I wasn't chasing her every week. However, I am experienced in conveyancing so know the process and perhaps that helped in understanding how long things actually take, bearing in mind the various third parties involved in property buying and selling.
    • seven-day-weekend
    • By seven-day-weekend 1st Dec 17, 9:15 AM
    • 29,850 Posts
    • 55,829 Thanks
    seven-day-weekend
    • 1st Dec 17, 9:15 AM
    • 1st Dec 17, 9:15 AM
    We too had an acceptable experience with PPL, everything as expected and had no problem speaking to my conveyancer or a member of her team.
    To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and to sing it to them when they have forgotten it
    'I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because I see everything by it': C.S. Lewis
    'Let me tell you this one thing. When you fall out, as you will, don't get blaming each other. Look inside yourself first'. - Hilda Ogden, to Sally on her wedding day to Kevin, Coronation Street 1986. '
    • vicki2221
    • By vicki2221 1st Dec 17, 2:58 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 210 Thanks
    vicki2221
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:58 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:58 PM
    We used them 4 years ago when we bought our first house and I thought they were great. Granted I had nothing to compare them too as hadn't done it before. We asked if we could complete the day after exchange and they said no problem and sorted it all out to happen in time. They've sent me a really competitive quote to use them again for our house sale and I am tempted because of last time, but I also have read plenty of negative reviews too. Plus they might have changed in 4 years.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,517Posts Today

6,741Users online

Martin's Twitter