Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • immy36
    • By immy36 30th Nov 17, 11:13 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    immy36
    Control accounts debt - Out of nowhere
    • 30th Nov 17, 11:13 PM
    Control accounts debt - Out of nowhere 30th Nov 17 at 11:13 PM
    Hi - apologies if similar posts have been posted but this has taken me aback.

Received a letter today addressed to th building opposite the one I live in - not even my name - but with my address correct stating I owe £43 to Control Account on behalf of of FedEx.

I recent bought a £10 electronic toy for a secret Santa that was coming from china so I can only presume it is in relation to that despite not being addressed to me.

The issues I have are the following:
    1. The letter states I have received a letter from FedEx prior to this, I most definitely have not.
    2. Doing my reading I have found that items under £15 are not privy to these charges so I am unsure why this is happening
    3. I do not want this to affect my credit score

I am quite worried and don't know what to do, I didn't consider the import charges when ordering as it was not made clear this would be an issue but unless I am wrong I'm not sure what I am paying for.

Please help they are threatening further action and increased fines.
Page 1
    • Greta Sharbo
    • By Greta Sharbo 30th Nov 17, 11:30 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Greta Sharbo
    • 30th Nov 17, 11:30 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 11:30 PM

Received a letter today addressed to th building opposite the one I live in - not even my name - but with my address correct stating I owe £43 to Control Account on behalf of of FedEx.

I recent bought a £10 electronic toy for a secret Santa that was coming from china so I can only presume it is in relation to that despite not being addressed to me.

1. The letter states I have received a letter from FedEx prior to this, I most definitely have not.
    2. Doing my reading I have found that items under £15 are not privy to these charges so I am unsure why this is happening

I am quite worried and don't know what to do, I didn't consider the import charges when ordering as it was not made clear this would be an issue but unless I am wrong I'm not sure what I am paying for.

Originally posted by immy36
    I've read this over and over and I can't work out if it was addressed to you or not.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 30th Nov 17, 11:35 PM
    • 4,731 Posts
    • 3,066 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 30th Nov 17, 11:35 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 11:35 PM
    Take it to the people opposite and say "I think this is yours".
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 1st Dec 17, 1:37 AM
    • 11,597 Posts
    • 8,734 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 1st Dec 17, 1:37 AM
    • 1st Dec 17, 1:37 AM

Originally posted by immy36
    Did they say fine or fees?

Also if it didn't have your name then how does it allege you owe money?

If your reply would be fine & that it doesn't name you, its a scam and not a genuine demand for payment. If you have any doubts then contact fedex and ask them if they sent any demand for payment.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

222Posts Today

1,489Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin