Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fleabag1
    • By Fleabag1 30th Nov 17, 10:35 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Fleabag1
    New Mortgage Change of Job
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:35 PM
    New Mortgage Change of Job 30th Nov 17 at 10:35 PM
    Myself and my partner are buying our first house together which is due to complete in the next week.

We had our mortgage approved for our current jobs salaries which we both still have.

I am contemplating changing jobs to another job that would be a lower salary than my current job but this will not be until the house has completed and we are making mortgage payments. My questions are:

1) Do I have to make our mortgage lender aware that I have changed jobs to a lower salary if this is after the house sale has completed and we are making repayments?

2) Will this affect us in a few years if we change mortgage lenders when our current fixed rate mortgage ends?
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 30th Nov 17, 10:50 PM
    • 56,243 Posts
    • 49,616 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:50 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:50 PM
    1. No. As it's a future event.

2. Possibly. As you'll need to meet the new lenders affordability criteria.
    “Opportunities come infrequently. When it rains gold, put out the bucket, not the thimble”
    ― Warren Buffett
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,215Posts Today

5,875Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• Follow Martin