Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • David52010
    • By David52010 30th Nov 17, 8:35 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    David52010
    Sainsbury's Energy Problems Galore
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:35 PM
    Sainsbury's Energy Problems Galore 30th Nov 17 at 8:35 PM
    I do not believe that I can be the only one to suffer poor service from British Gas (under the guise of Sainsbury's Energy). I switched via MSE some 13/14 months ago.

British Gas mishandled all financial matters on my energy account. Their major fault was to lack the technology to promote good customer service. I left British Gas because of their misleading and their deception in regard to pricing and Sainsbury's Energy (British Gas) were no better as I found to my cost. They failed wholeheartedly in managing my personal information; whilst stating that Sainsbury's Energy was a separate organization, they deliberately did not use the information I supplied to Sainsbury's Energy but chose to use the old e-mail address with which I was registered when a customer of British Gas.

I received no communications from them because they were sending communications to my now defunct e-mail address. When they finally got their act together my Direct Debit was set to £267 pcm for 4 months and then reduced to £102 - I was originally told it would cost me £92 pcm. My complaints received a token gesture of £100 for all the grief and stress they caused in mismanaging my energy account.

I looked to leave British Gas having been misled once more into believing that the reduction of monthly payments to £102 in October were a sign that there was no issue any more. As time has progressed British Gas have demonstrated gross incompetence under Sarwjit Sambhi (MD). Not only does the British Gas IT fail when needed but suddenly Sainsbury's Energy claimed I owed them £313.84 with no accompanying bill and having just reduced monthly payments to £102. This was paid for the 20 days I remained with them as a "customer".

The Executive Team made all manner of excuses and for their mismanagement inferred that I was culpable for their mismanagement. They then send letters saying they are investigating my complaint ( not resolved after 8 weeks) and 3 days later Sambhi sent a further letter telling me that they could not collect £313.84. Funnily, the earlier letter talked of £90 per month. There is no connection between staff at Sainsbury's Energy/British Gas and this results in an abominable service.
    I wish I had never switched to them via MSE and would never recommend British Gas as an Energy supplier - appalling.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

334Posts Today

2,304Users online

Martin's Twitter