Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dixy
    • By dixy 30th Nov 17, 8:19 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    dixy
    tesco pulling out of direct debits for deposits into savings accounts
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:19 PM
    tesco pulling out of direct debits for deposits into savings accounts 30th Nov 17 at 8:19 PM
    from Feb 2018 Tesco are cancelling all direct debits being paid into any of their accounts from other savings accounts...any one any info on any other bank accounts offer deposits by direct debit
Page 1
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 30th Nov 17, 8:26 PM
    • 29,624 Posts
    • 17,487 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:26 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:26 PM
    from Feb 2018
    Originally posted by dixy
    That's going to cost them a small fortune on a reprint of the new T&Cs and postage. Then again you could be wrong...and very late with the news!
    • dixy
    • By dixy 30th Nov 17, 8:38 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dixy
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:38 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:38 PM
    it is true have just tel tesco bank to confirm
    • Rheumatoid
    • By Rheumatoid 30th Nov 17, 8:47 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 1,141 Thanks
    Rheumatoid
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:47 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:47 PM
    it is true have just tel tesco bank to confirm
    Are you sure? Where did you get this news? Strange we haven't heard of it before.
    16 Panel (250W JASolar) 4kWp, facing 170 degrees, 40 degree slope, Solis Inverter, Geo Solo II Monitor. Installed 29/9/2015 - £4700 (Norfolk Solar Together Scheme)
    Year target (PVGIS-CMSAF) = 3880kWh - Installer estimate 3452 kWh; Year 1 Actual = 4152kWh; Year 2 Actual =4169
    • jimjames
    • By jimjames 30th Nov 17, 8:54 PM
    • 12,241 Posts
    • 10,778 Thanks
    jimjames
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:54 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:54 PM
    Are you sure? Where did you get this news? Strange we haven't heard of it before.
    Originally posted by Rheumatoid
    Not sure if that was a genuine or sarcastic comment. But there are other threads from last month with many replies on this subject

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5730177
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 30th Nov 17, 8:56 PM
    • 3,910 Posts
    • 38,018 Thanks
    Katiehound
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:56 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:56 PM
    Erm... thought that news had been done to death already and maybe April 2018 was mentioned! Sadly it's old news and very inconvenient....
    quite a few folk are hunting around to replace those DDs
    Last edited by Katiehound; 30-11-2017 at 8:58 PM.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!

If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Thank You
    • dixy
    • By dixy 30th Nov 17, 9:05 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dixy
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:05 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:05 PM
    just joined the forum....thought it would help....not rudeness
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 30th Nov 17, 10:22 PM
    • 56,257 Posts
    • 49,626 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:22 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:22 PM
    from Feb 2018 Tesco are cancelling all direct debits being paid into any of their accounts from other savings accounts...any one any info on any other bank accounts offer deposits by direct debit
    Can direct debits be collected from savings accounts?
    “Opportunities come infrequently. When it rains gold, put out the bucket, not the thimble”
    ― Warren Buffett
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 30th Nov 17, 10:33 PM
    • 2,705 Posts
    • 34,655 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:33 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:33 PM
    Who's been rude ? It's just been pointed out that this information is widely known and has been for quite a while now.

So nice to see you here.....under a new name
    • Yorkshire Pud
    • By Yorkshire Pud 30th Nov 17, 11:24 PM
    • 804 Posts
    • 511 Thanks
    Yorkshire Pud
    The actual change date is April 22nd 2018 only helps if its researched and accurate otherwise it can cause problems. Welcome anyway!
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 30th Nov 17, 11:31 PM
    • 3,149 Posts
    • 4,184 Thanks
    Nick_C
    Just? April 2016?
    • dixy
    • By dixy 1st Dec 17, 7:40 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dixy
    very rude....as I have just joined the forum..NO QUESTIONS ASKED SINCE 2016...I require to be treated with respect....As I have not seen previous threads...I asked this question.....What is the point ????????>>>.Tesco customer services /......STATE FEB 2018.....I can only act on the information I have received....I will now unsubscribe and leave this forum....Waste of my time and yours.....Disgusted !!!!
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 1st Dec 17, 8:59 AM
    • 5,908 Posts
    • 5,884 Thanks
    eskbanker
    very rude....as I have just joined the forum..NO QUESTIONS ASKED SINCE 2016...I require to be treated with respect....As I have not seen previous threads...I asked this question.....What is the point ????????>>>.Tesco customer services /......STATE FEB 2018.....I can only act on the information I have received....I will now unsubscribe and leave this forum....Waste of my time and yours.....Disgusted !!!!
    THERE'S NO NEED TO GET ALL SHOUTY ABOUT IT!

You're right that it was a waste of your time and everyone else's, but the key issue with your post is the inaccurate date - you have been given duff info by Tesco and for anyone else reading this the correct answer is clearly given in the account Ts & Cs, as covered endlessly on the other threads about this:
    Prior to 22 April 2018 regular or one off payments can be made by setting up a Direct Debit via Online Banking. You'll need your Tesco Bank security details to do this.

From 22 April 2018, you'll be unable to set up new, regular or one off Direct Debit payments. All existing Direct Debits set up on your Account will be cancelled.
    It's not true to say that "I can only act on the information I have received" - you can do what most others do and check the facts first! Although to be fair, you won't be the first to simply believe what you're told by uninformed or incompetent customer service reps by phone....
    • capital0ne
    • By capital0ne 1st Dec 17, 2:00 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    capital0ne
    Welcome Dixy, but you'll need to have quite a tough skin, rudeness is quite common on MSE - loads of well meaning people, but also loads of point-scoring know-it-alls as well!
    • capital0ne
    • By capital0ne 1st Dec 17, 2:02 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    capital0ne
    Sorry you've had a bad reception, it really is down to a few old-timers on this site who like nothing more than to belittle anyone - new or old.If it continues report them and hopefully they'll get banned, preferably for life - it's been known to happen.

Good luck
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 1st Dec 17, 2:28 PM
    • 3,149 Posts
    • 4,184 Thanks
    Nick_C
    ... Is If it continues report them and hopefully they'll get banned, preferably for life - it's been known to happen.
    Originally posted by capital0ne
    But then of course they just reappear under an AE. Don't they!
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 1st Dec 17, 2:52 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    18cc
    Actually it has been said (but unconfirmed) that they are cancelling this facility from Jan 2018 for new setups, but allowing existing DDs to run until April.
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 1st Dec 17, 3:06 PM
    • 3,149 Posts
    • 4,184 Thanks
    Nick_C
    Actually it has been said (but unconfirmed) that they are cancelling this facility from Jan 2018 for new setups, but allowing existing DDs to run until April.
    Originally posted by 18cc
    Said by whom? Where?

Tesco say you can set up DDs up to 22 April 2018, after which they will stop working. Its in the T&Cs. Unsubstantiated rumours to the contrary don't help anyone.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 1st Dec 17, 3:10 PM
    • 1,495 Posts
    • 541 Thanks
    soulsaver
    Originally posted by 18cc
    It was said, but it was proven spurious.
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 1st Dec 17, 3:15 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    18cc
    My my we ARE touchy in this forum, aren't we....

Actually I think unsubstantiated rumours can be very interesting, but each to his own

However, in answer to your question see posts 527 onwards here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5730177
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,677Posts Today

7,134Users online

Martin's Twitter