Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Verb
    • By Verb 30th Nov 17, 7:00 PM
    • 174Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Verb
    Tiling
    • 30th Nov 17, 7:00 PM
    Tiling 30th Nov 17 at 7:00 PM
    Hi

Just after some advice.

I read on the internet that's its not advised to tile over paint and with the paint in my bathroom being the waterproof stuff I have stripped it all off.

Dead easy...

But it has also take the layer of paint off that was underneath and exposed the bear plaster, which is dead neat and clean, looks like it was only plastered very recently.

What am I best to do with the plaster before I start tiling to ensure I get a solid stable fix.

I have read to mix PVA with water but I have also read that I shouldn't do that.
Page 1
    • Warwick Hunt
    • By Warwick Hunt 30th Nov 17, 8:04 PM
    • 661 Posts
    • 337 Thanks
    Warwick Hunt
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:04 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:04 PM
    Just crack on and tile it.
    • Ruski
    • By Ruski 30th Nov 17, 8:54 PM
    • 1,396 Posts
    • 810 Thanks
    Ruski
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:54 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:54 PM
    Prime it with acrylic primer (Bal, Mapei etc all do them), then 'crack on' as was helpfully suggested

HTH

Russ
    Perfection takes time: don't expect miracles in a day
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,644Posts Today

7,805Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @SF_England: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, just so everyone is aware- check your payslips between when you graduated and the following Ap?

• Sorry to bubble burst. But each day a lot of people tweet me this. I think it doesn't show any other votes until t? https://t.co/uRny62NRc1

• Today's Twitter poll: I want to find out are people generally happy. So how happy are you today? PS I did the same? https://t.co/3Gw9ylu2H2

• Follow Martin