Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gaz1971
    • By Gaz1971 30th Nov 17, 6:39 PM
    • 476Posts
    • 251Thanks
    Gaz1971
    Housing Benefit and low income
    • 30th Nov 17, 6:39 PM
    Housing Benefit and low income 30th Nov 17 at 6:39 PM
    If you are claiming due to low income, what amount of income do they call a low income, at which point they start to reduce your benefit?
Page 1
    • venison
    • By venison 30th Nov 17, 8:26 PM
    • 1,352 Posts
    • 1,441 Thanks
    venison
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:26 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:26 PM
    https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/housing_benefit/how_housing_benefit_is_calculated

have a read of this and do a calculation via "turn2us"
    I am now a Board Guide on the Credit card board and the Loan board and Benefits board (But give me time to learn the ropes thanks).
    • jusjus
    • By jusjus 1st Dec 17, 6:31 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jusjus
    • 1st Dec 17, 6:31 AM
    council tax
    • 1st Dec 17, 6:31 AM
    I have Parkinsons, are you means tested for council tax exemption please
    • Gaz1971
    • By Gaz1971 1st Dec 17, 8:31 PM
    • 476 Posts
    • 251 Thanks
    Gaz1971
    • 1st Dec 17, 8:31 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 8:31 PM
    Jesus, I'm not surprised people don't make an effort to get off benefits like JSA etc, I had 400£ of ESA a month and got max HB, lose ESA and try and start work self employed but on a low income, half my ESA at present and lose a chunk of HB!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

2,461Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin