Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Andywest
    • By Andywest 30th Nov 17, 4:42 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 12Thanks
    Andywest
    Y cam cloud charges
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:42 PM
    Y cam cloud charges 30th Nov 17 at 4:42 PM
    Hi.
    I purchased 5 security cameras over a few years which came with a free 7 day cloud service, you cannot record directly to card. There was an option to upgrade to 30 day cloud cover for a monthly cost. The company is now due to its own success cannot they say afford to operate the free 7 day service and want to scrap it, thus forcing you to subscribe at £100 / year for multiple cameras. The 7 day recording is printed all over the boxes, no prior communications and only a 14 day notice period or cameras will revert to view only, no recording unless subscribe.... is this legal?
Page 1
    • Biilbo
    • By Biilbo 30th Nov 17, 6:48 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Biilbo
    • 30th Nov 17, 6:48 PM
    Y cam
    • 30th Nov 17, 6:48 PM
    Same here! When I bought the cameras, it said on the box “FREE for EVER”
    Thats why i chose Y cam.
    I am also wanting to know if this is legal?
    • sketchy19
    • By sketchy19 30th Nov 17, 8:43 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    sketchy19
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:43 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:43 PM
    Y-cam don't care about there existing customers. The fact they are canceling the promised free storage is bad but it is made worse but the short notice.

I feel like they are trying to extort money. Pay up in 14 days or lose your home security.

This is disgusting behavior. I will be looking for a new camera system as i will not give this dishonest company another penny.
    • Shaka_Zulu
    • By Shaka_Zulu 30th Nov 17, 10:27 PM
    • 1,256 Posts
    • 2,890 Thanks
    Shaka_Zulu
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:27 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:27 PM
    Y-cam Outdoor HD Pro lets you see and hear what’s happening outside your home or business from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet and ensures your property and loved ones are safe day or night. Y-cam Outdoor HD Pro instantly alerts you when motion is detected. Watch live or review your last 7 days recordings which are securely stored in your FREE cloud account safe from damage. Un-like other cloud cameras, storage is free for 3 years. Add as many indoor and outdoor cameras as you like and manage them from one account. Free 7 Days Rolling Cloud Storage for 3 years Save the clips that matter. Every movement detected during the last 7 days is recorded and stored in your secure online account, ready to view free of charge, no monthly fees. After 3 years Y-cam Plus service required.
    Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime Beria/Momentum
    • Andywest
    • By Andywest 30th Nov 17, 11:51 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Andywest
    • 30th Nov 17, 11:51 PM
    Different age cameras....?
    • 30th Nov 17, 11:51 PM
    3 year of cloud not mentioned on my early camera... that must be a later addition. Need cloud service as no memory card option unlike other ycam camera... the home monitor version only cloud.
    • IamtKay
    • By IamtKay 8th Dec 17, 11:58 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    IamtKay
    • 8th Dec 17, 11:58 AM
    • 8th Dec 17, 11:58 AM
    This company (Director Devin Chawda) seem to be hell bent on committing daylight robbery! They sold huge number of cameras at inflated price based on service model of cloud storage included. Now they seems to have decided to screw everyone and ask for more money. THIS NEEDS COLLECTIVE ACTION BY ALL NOW!!!!!!!! I HOPE THERE IS SOME LAW LEFT IN THIS COUNTRY!
    • DaveDude
    • By DaveDude 8th Dec 17, 3:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DaveDude
    • 8th Dec 17, 3:49 PM
    • 8th Dec 17, 3:49 PM
    When I and many, many others bought these devices, at a premium, the marketing was for "Free Forever" cloud storage.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,394Posts Today

7,913Users online

Martin's Twitter