Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ln510
    • By ln510 30th Nov 17, 4:16 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ln510
    Parking ticket Priemer park
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:16 PM
    Parking ticket Priemer park 30th Nov 17 at 4:16 PM
    Hi,

I was wondering if you can help me at all with any information, or stance i would have in appealing this ticket.

Essentially i was in the car park for a total of 12 minutes before i left without purchasing a ticket - however the reasoning for that time frame was, finding a space, trying to pay with the new £1 coins - didnt work thought i'd try other change - then found spare change in my car and tried to pay again, however the machine wasn't taking any coins at all.

Read the sign to see anything about this, it did have an option to pay via mobile, i decided not to and left the car park.

I appealed to priemer park stating the only reason i was in the car park for 12 minutes was trouble shooting their broken machine - which had no indication it was broken - but they denyed the appeal stating i could pay via mobile.

Is there any information that might help, or any advice on whether or not i should raise this to POPLA?

Thanks,
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 30th Nov 17, 4:37 PM
    • 15,962 Posts
    • 24,765 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:37 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:37 PM
    POPLA appeals are covered in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3. There are ready-to-use POPLA appeal points. Use these as your base, but do a forum search on ‘Premier POPLA’ (don’t use ‘park’ in the search or you’ll get thousands of irrelevant posts) and find other winning appeals (recent ones) and use other relevant sections from those.

they denyed the appeal stating i could pay via mobile.
    If only you had a mobile ........
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • ln510
    • By ln510 30th Nov 17, 4:41 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ln510
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:41 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:41 PM
    Thanks! ill have a look through them now and see what i can find

And yeah if only
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 30th Nov 17, 4:44 PM
    • 15,962 Posts
    • 24,765 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:44 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:44 PM
    You might not have had a mobile with you. Think about it. They have thrown you a bit of a curve-ball, so you need to let them have it back.

Where on the signage does it say you must have/carry a mobile phone to park there?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,015Posts Today

6,121Users online

Martin's Twitter