Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 30th Nov 17, 3:56 PM
    • 7,871Posts
    • 26,721Thanks
    Primrose
    The Annual Christmas card list
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:56 PM
    The Annual Christmas card list 30th Nov 17 at 3:56 PM
    Ours is massive due to a multitude of connections over the years. However, more recently we,ve stopped hearing from some people and honestly don’t know if they’ve moved, died or just don’t send cards any more, which if you only keep in touch at Christmas, effectively breaks the bond.

We need to rationalise our list because of mounting postage costs but I feel we should give some once good friends one last chance before striking them off the list. Is there any tactful wording one can use which effectively says “if we don’t hear news of you this year , we sadly have to let you go”.

One friend keeps a list of non recipients against her list and after two years of no news strikes them off.
    What do others do ?
Page 2
    • jackieblack
    • By jackieblack 3rd Dec 17, 9:11 AM
    • 7,414 Posts
    • 10,285 Thanks
    jackieblack
    I don't really understand expectations of reciprocity

I send Christmas cards to people that I wish a merry christmas and who I don't expect to see over the 'festive period' (I wish those I see happy christmas in person so no need for a card)

If I am wished a happy christmas in return, that's nice, but my wishes for them are not based on any expectations on their part. Same with gifts.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter,
    south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading

Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
    (Revera linguam latinam vix cognovi )
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

264Posts Today

1,696Users online

Martin's Twitter