Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sjjpug
    • By Sjjpug 30th Nov 17, 3:28 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sjjpug
    Credit gone missing
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:28 PM
    Credit gone missing 30th Nov 17 at 3:28 PM
    Hi

Looking for some advice

Have HSBC credit card which I used in Feb this year to put down a deposit for a new staircase, balance was cleared in full the following month. Long story short, staircase company went into liquidation in August & I initiated a chargeback dispute and the monies were paid back into credit card. I called 13/10 and they initiated a payment of this amount to my Barclays Bank account.
    The monies were never received and I set up a complaint on 26/10. HSBC have said that this may take some time and we are five weeks in tomorrow and they still havenít made any progress . We have confirmed that account information I have them was all correct and they confirmed that this is where they sent money.
    Should it take this long??
Page 1
    • Sjjpug
    • By Sjjpug 30th Nov 17, 3:29 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sjjpug
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:29 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:29 PM
    The amount was for £2500
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 30th Nov 17, 3:36 PM
    • 184 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:36 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:36 PM
    Phone HSBC again
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 30th Nov 17, 4:06 PM
    • 18,760 Posts
    • 14,468 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:06 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:06 PM
    If HSBC confirmed to you that they had received the money back into their credit card system then it is them that you need to chase to track down what happened to it after that. They should speak to Barclays if there is some dispute over where it is now.
    • Sjjpug
    • By Sjjpug 30th Nov 17, 8:33 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sjjpug
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:33 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:33 PM
    I have phoned HSBC again today who have complaint registered- they have told me that they will take full 8 weeks to investigate & that they will resolve by 21/12
    Should I ask for compensation?
    Transfer of money from HSBC was initially requested 13th October and all account information for transfer confirmed correct.
    Just don’t see why it’s taking so long
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,661Posts Today

6,037Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin