Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Shiloe
    • By Shiloe 30th Nov 17, 3:14 PM
    • 286Posts
    • 228Thanks
    Shiloe
    Case Opened Past Deadline?
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:14 PM
    Case Opened Past Deadline? 30th Nov 17 at 3:14 PM
    Hi everyone,

Really quick question...

- sold item 17/10/17
    - posted item 18/10/17
    - no further contact from seller
    - INR case opened 27/11/17 with no prior contact

I am struggling to understand how this case managed to be opened as by my count it appears to be outwith the eBay case resolution timescale or am I wrong?

EDIT - I am a private seller in case this makes a difference
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 30th Nov 17, 3:22 PM
    • 11,435 Posts
    • 7,713 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:22 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:22 PM
    Being private doesn't make any difference. Is it an INR? If so, eBay can extend the deadline at their discretion.

What was the latest delivery estimate? That is the date that eBay use to calculate case opening windows.
    • Shiloe
    • By Shiloe 30th Nov 17, 3:27 PM
    • 286 Posts
    • 228 Thanks
    Shiloe
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:27 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:27 PM
    Yes it is INR case and the latest delivery estimate was 24/10/17
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 30th Nov 17, 3:29 PM
    • 11,435 Posts
    • 7,713 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:29 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:29 PM
    I take it you don't have a proof of delivery?

Paypal give the buyer 180 days (6 months) so even if they were out of the eBay window and eBay didn't extend it, then Paypal will have covered them.

Check with the buyer if they have the right item/seller. It's not unheard of for them to get confused.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 30th Nov 17, 4:12 PM
    • 59,595 Posts
    • 42,290 Thanks
    soolin
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:12 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:12 PM
    According to the community boards whilst a case can be opened it can't be closed in buyers faour if the case was opened past the 30 days past last estimated delivery date has passed.

So it all hinges on what delivery estimate the buyer had.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 30th Nov 17, 4:24 PM
    • 11,435 Posts
    • 7,713 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:24 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:24 PM
    According to the community boards whilst a case can be opened it can't be closed in buyers faour if the case was opened past the 30 days past last estimated delivery date has passed.

So it all hinges on what delivery estimate the buyer had.
    Originally posted by soolin
    I wonder if that may have changed, certainly for one we had recently. Six week timescale and no POD as it was a LL size. It used to be that you couldn't escalate an "out of date" case but now I'm unsure. PS boards seem mixed in their decision too.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

342Posts Today

2,332Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin