Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jr84
    • By jr84 30th Nov 17, 3:11 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jr84
    Minster Baywatch: Demand for payment of unpaid charge
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:11 PM
    Minster Baywatch: Demand for payment of unpaid charge 30th Nov 17 at 3:11 PM
    Dear all,

Yesterday I received the letter quoted below, titled "DEMAND FOR PAYMENT OF UNPAID CHARGE". I presume this is in regard to a possible overstay in a private car park on – the letter does not say it explicitly. The letter is dated 24/11/2017 and contains a side section with car's details, Date of Contravention 21/10/2017, Date of Issue 26/10/2017, and two pictures of my car entering and exiting the car park.

I find this charge attempt abusive and deceitful. There was no ticket on the car when leaving the car park, and this is the first time they contact me. While an overstay charge would have been admitted, the extra charges for delayed payment and "internal collection team" are simply unacceptable. I have no intention of paying that and am willing to go as far as I need to.

I have read the newbies post (amazing contribution!). To begin with, I have not called them. And I am ready to submit the blue text appeal template as suggested, but I have a doubt: the blue text template references a PCN, which the letter received does not provide. Is the "Charge reference number" the same? or should I first ask them to provide me an actual PCN?

We have recently written to you regarding Charge reference number XXX. We note that despite our attempts to encourage you to satisfy the Notice, both at the initial lower amount of £60 which was valid for 14 days of the date of the aforementioned letter and then the higher amount of £100 which was valid for a further 14 days, giving you 28 days in which to satisfy the Notice; no payment has been received and no arrangement to pay has been agreed

As such, this Notice has now been passed to our internal collections team, this has resulted in an additional charge of £55.00 being applied bringing the total liability on this Notice to £155.00

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

You need to pay the amount of £155, no later than 08/12/2017. You can do this via our website: minsterbaywatch or by phoning our Minster Baywatch team on telephone number 01904 612277 who will be able to discuss available payment options with you.

WHAT IF YOU DON'T PAY WHAT YOU OWE

In Accordance with Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, you are liable for this Charge (please see overleaf for more information regarding your liability for this Charge), as such, If you have not agreed a payment schedule with us by 08/12/2017, we will not be able to prevent further action being taken against you.

Please be aware that if payment is not received by the aforementioned date the Charge will be passed to an external debt collection or our Solicitors to recover any amount outstanding.
    I promise to keep this post updated until the case is solved either way. Many thanks in advance for your help.
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 30th Nov 17, 3:17 PM
    • 4,769 Posts
    • 3,117 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:17 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:17 PM
    What you have received is a Parking Charge Notice.

It is also a Notice to Keeper.

Appeal using the appropriate text from post #1 of the NEWBIES thread without change.
    • jr84
    • By jr84 30th Nov 17, 3:27 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jr84
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:27 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:27 PM
    To provide some more context, these are similar recent cases (sorry I can't post urls):
    - Thread 5571618: nearly identical situation, but OP did not follow up so the outcome is unclear.
    - Thread 5671321: very recent and similar, but it's a hire car and the situation seems to be diverging that way.
    • jr84
    • By jr84 30th Nov 17, 3:41 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jr84
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:41 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:41 PM
    Thanks KeithP, I've emailed them the blue text template without change.
    • jr84
    • By jr84 15th Dec 17, 6:41 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jr84
    • 15th Dec 17, 6:41 PM
    • 15th Dec 17, 6:41 PM
    Quick reply to document how this case progresses: Today I received a first letter from Debt Recovery Plus. There is clear advice to ignore debt collectors' letters in post #4 of the Newbies thread. So that's what I'm doing, just ignore them.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 15th Dec 17, 6:45 PM
    • 2,158 Posts
    • 2,575 Thanks
    waamo
    • 15th Dec 17, 6:45 PM
    • 15th Dec 17, 6:45 PM
    What happened with your appeal?
    This space for hire.
    • jr84
    • By jr84 15th Dec 17, 9:09 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jr84
    • 15th Dec 17, 9:09 PM
    • 15th Dec 17, 9:09 PM
    Expectedly, nothing. I sent the appeal after the appealing time limit, solely because the penalty charge quoted in my original post was the first and only communication I have received from Minster Baywatch.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,661Posts Today

6,037Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin