Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sanchez The Cat
    • By Sanchez The Cat 30th Nov 17, 1:37 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sanchez The Cat
    Chargeback Scheme
    • 30th Nov 17, 1:37 PM
    Chargeback Scheme 30th Nov 17 at 1:37 PM
    Does a merchant have any rights to appeal or any other avenues to explore in relation to recovering money lost through the consumer initiating a chargeback and succeeding with the process.
    As the consumer, I initiated a chargeback through my card provider after receiving faulty goods. The merchant disputed the chargeback but, failed. I have been refunded the cost of the faulty goods but, was wondering if this was the end of the matter or, can I expect to hear from the merchant through an alternative approach?
Page 1
    • stevenhp1987
    • By stevenhp1987 30th Nov 17, 2:16 PM
    • 439 Posts
    • 377 Thanks
    stevenhp1987
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:16 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:16 PM
    Does a merchant have any rights to appeal or any other avenues to explore in relation to recovering money lost through the consumer initiating a chargeback and succeeding with the process.
    As the consumer, I initiated a chargeback through my card provider after receiving faulty goods. The merchant disputed the chargeback but, failed. I have been refunded the cost of the faulty goods but, was wondering if this was the end of the matter or, can I expect to hear from the merchant through an alternative approach?
    Originally posted by Sanchez The Cat
    The merchant can sue you if they believe you owe them money. However, this is rare after chargebacks unless it's friendly fraud (ie. you lie to get the money back, keep the item etc.).
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 30th Nov 17, 2:41 PM
    • 21,319 Posts
    • 10,243 Thanks
    lisyloo
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:41 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:41 PM
    As above they can take you to court, but this costs money, takes time (which is a cost to a business in terms of wages, travel), so there are barriers to doing this.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,540Posts Today

6,643Users online

Martin's Twitter