Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lofielectronic
    • By lofielectronic 30th Nov 17, 1:14 PM
    • 600Posts
    • 276Thanks
    lofielectronic
    Medicanimal.com/petmeds.co.uk Order Problems
    • 30th Nov 17, 1:14 PM
    Medicanimal.com/petmeds.co.uk Order Problems 30th Nov 17 at 1:14 PM
    I've received no reply to emails sent to them in regards an order from two weeks ago and tried calling but nobody seems to be answering the phone. Lots of other people on social media seem to be in the same situation.

I don't like to post threads like this without knowing more but basically It seems things are in the same place as they were in this thread I found from 2015 at least as far as orders not being sent and the phones not being answered goes...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5300311&page=2

I was unaware of that thread until I searched for similar problems to mine. It seems the company was saved from administration in that case by a private equity group.

I had problems with the order I made with them two months ago wherein it wasn't dispatched for over two weeks and I had to chase them, they said in that case it was due to a warehouse move which had created more problems than expected and they weren't sure when the order would be sent out - but then I had a dispatch note and it arrived two days latter.

This is the same thing they are saying now when they were responding to people on facebook and trustpilot, at least until a few days ago when it all went silent.

I hope this is indeed just a logistical problem as the service from them over the last three/four years (I've generally used the petmeds site) has been great.
    Last edited by lofielectronic; 30-11-2017 at 4:32 PM.
Page 1
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 30th Nov 17, 6:18 PM
    • 7,725 Posts
    • 5,589 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 30th Nov 17, 6:18 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 6:18 PM
    Time to contact your bank for a chargeback?
    • Jan Talakos
    • By Jan Talakos 1st Dec 17, 3:15 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jan Talakos
    • 1st Dec 17, 3:15 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 3:15 PM
    Sound advise from pmduk, esp if you have used a debit card as you have less time to claim
    Try an alternative ? VetUK.co.uk ??
    • lofielectronic
    • By lofielectronic 2nd Dec 17, 1:48 PM
    • 600 Posts
    • 276 Thanks
    lofielectronic
    • 2nd Dec 17, 1:48 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 1:48 PM
    Indeed.

I opened a payment dispute after giving them further warning that with no communication from them I felt I had no choice. I then received a dispatch notice from them a few hours after doing so - and the order did arrive a day later. Happy with that but don't think I will be ordering from them again.

I see more people today posting on their facebook chasing orders and not receiving any replies so whatever issues they have seem to be on-going, though clearly they are still there and able to send out orders. I'll update if I ever do get a response to the emails sent to them previously.
    • hernibles
    • By hernibles 3rd Dec 17, 5:35 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hernibles
    • 3rd Dec 17, 5:35 PM
    Similar order problems
    • 3rd Dec 17, 5:35 PM
    Ordered on November 17th. Order was acknowledged but no delivery so after a week I checked status. Tracking number was not meaningful so after numerous unsuccessful attempts to call I emailed. No reply so after a second week emailed again.....and no reply.

Did some research earlier and it seems the Medicanimal was sold by it's founder a few months ago to a private equity company. I have now emailed the (new) ceo who is called Neil Hutchinson and will see what happens.

Will arrange a chargeback this week if no luck.

David
    • lofielectronic
    • By lofielectronic 4th Dec 17, 1:46 PM
    • 600 Posts
    • 276 Thanks
    lofielectronic
    • 4th Dec 17, 1:46 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 1:46 PM
    When I looked into the thread linked above I found the Company was sold by its founder in 2015 - that followed the problems in that thread and kept them in business. Couldn't find anything online to say they'd been sold again?

I did notice they've removed some comments from their facebook page, someone had linked to the old thread above on there - thats gone now.
    Hope you do get either your order or your money back.
    • hernibles
    • By hernibles 4th Dec 17, 2:57 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hernibles
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:57 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:57 PM
    LinkedIn was where I did my homework. CEO change was 9 months ago. Perhaps the previous one had a handcuff clause. My email did the job and problem is being resolved and order is on it's way. It seems they are very much in business.....just lacking in Customer Service staff.
    • percymon
    • By percymon 4th Dec 17, 3:32 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    percymon
    • 4th Dec 17, 3:32 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 3:32 PM
    I believe its the same company as pet-supermarket since i get emails with the same offers/content from both. I placed order with pet supermarket ca mid November, a few days later i had email of apology for delayed dispatch (issues / changes being implemented at their warehouse). Approx a week after placing the order i had the dispatch message and a day or so later the items arrived via DPD (as usual, with tracking info).
    • lofielectronic
    • By lofielectronic 6th Dec 17, 7:18 PM
    • 600 Posts
    • 276 Thanks
    lofielectronic
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:18 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:18 PM
    It is indeed the same company.

They've just posted this on each of their facebook pages;

Hi everyone,

Over the past few weeks, technical issues relating to our warehouse have meant that a number of customers haven’t received their orders on time. We are extremely sorry for this, and the inconvenience and worry caused, particularly as these problems have continued for longer than expected.

Please rest assured that if you have placed an order with us, it has been received and we will be sending it out to you as soon as possible. As you can imagine, we have had a higher than normal volume of customer inquiries, but please do not worry if are still waiting for a response, as we will resolve every query.
    It’s been a challenging time and we really do appreciate that this is not the service you are used to from us. We’re working non-stop to resolve the issues and we’ll strive to make sure that orders will be on time in future.

With very best wishes,
    The ... Team
    I was told this in October when I had to chase a delayed order - that time they were still returning emails/phone calls - so if this is the case, and I hope it is, its been going on for a little longer than a few weeks.

Someone also pointed out that in the last five months, four directors have left and the company has changed its registered address three times. So it does like there is more to things than just a technical issue with a warehouse move.
    Last edited by lofielectronic; 07-12-2017 at 9:35 AM. Reason: Add more information
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,677Posts Today

7,134Users online

Martin's Twitter