Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RioDeJaneiro
    • By RioDeJaneiro 30th Nov 17, 12:55 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    RioDeJaneiro
    CCJ and Full and Final Settlement
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:55 PM
    CCJ and Full and Final Settlement 30th Nov 17 at 12:55 PM
    I've recently offered Lowell 25% of a debt which they obtained a CCJ for and have accepted. The letter has the standard wording "Once you account has been closed, we will contact all credit file referencing agencies and amend the balance on this default to show as partially satisfied. The default will be amended to show as partially satisfied due to the discount negotiated with the settlement figure previously mentioned. Please be assured that this status does not imply that any further payment will be required on this account."

My question is, is this enough to get the CCJ marked as satisfied? I understand that a CCJ can not be shown as partially satisfied.
Page 1
    • Cotswoldtony
    • By Cotswoldtony 30th Nov 17, 2:41 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Cotswoldtony
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:41 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:41 PM
    When you made the offer did you make it clear is was in full and final settlement of the account to satisfy the judgement.
  • National Debtline
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:05 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:05 PM
    Hi there

You are correct that a CCJ cannot be shown as partially satisfied. If you contact the court to tell them the debt has been satisfied they will need to see proof of payment. As you cannot demonstrate you have paid the full balance it is very unlikely they will agree to show it as satisfied.

If Lowell are prepared to contact the court and tell them the debt has been satisfied that may be sufficient for the court. You will need to discuss this further with Lowell. Good luck with it all.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

656Posts Today

4,804Users online

Martin's Twitter