Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 30th Nov 17, 12:44 PM
    • 905Posts
    • 3,168Thanks
    pepper77
    Sealed bids.
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:44 PM
    Sealed bids. 30th Nov 17 at 12:44 PM
    My son viewed a property last week (in the evening), he is a FTB with a 50%+ deposit.
    The next day the estate agent rang him and asked whether he was making an offer, so he offered the full asking price(a little premature I thought).
    He has been informed that he now needs to make a full and final offer by Wednesday next, with proof of deposit and proof of mortgage.
    I dont trust estate agents (same agency screwed me over 30 years ago ), is this sealed bids mullarky common practice?
    Any advice is welcome.
Page 2
    • googler
    • By googler 1st Dec 17, 3:31 PM
    • 14,472 Posts
    • 9,347 Thanks
    googler
    This is partly why I say each system has its pros and cons. What you describe clearly benefits a buyer, but does not necessarily benefit a seller. By committing to a fixed date of entry a seller must have some sort of alternative accommodation lined up, which could be at significant expense.
    Originally posted by Surrey_EA
    It benefits everybody when everybody is working within the same system, and knows what to expect from the other side. Happens every day north of the border.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,015Posts Today

6,121Users online

Martin's Twitter