Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 30th Nov 17, 12:41 PM
    • 2,221Posts
    • 4,246Thanks
    dlusman
    Lidl weekend 9th & 10th Dec
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:41 PM
    Lidl weekend 9th & 10th Dec 30th Nov 17 at 12:41 PM
    Not much variety - but the Stollen should be good

Page 1
    • redfox
    • By redfox 5th Dec 17, 8:18 PM
    • 12,518 Posts
    • 35,714 Thanks
    redfox
    • 5th Dec 17, 8:18 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 8:18 PM
    that's a good price for a Barolo. Has anybody tried it before?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• dlusman
    • By dlusman 5th Dec 17, 10:49 PM
    • 2,221 Posts
    • 4,246 Thanks
    dlusman
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:49 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:49 PM
    that's a good price for a Barolo. Has anybody tried it before?
    Originally posted by redfox
    If its the same as this, then good review but £3 more expensive than a few months ago
    https://wine-pages.com/tasting-articles/lidls-4-99-barolo/
    Last edited by dlusman; 05-12-2017 at 11:06 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 6th Dec 17, 1:58 AM
    • 24,216 Posts
    • 50,932 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    • 6th Dec 17, 1:58 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 1:58 AM
    Hmm.... 2 reds in one week?

I’ll buy a pack of stollen but don’t see the appeal of the poppyseed filing. Am I missing out on something obvious here? Is this an opiate in disguise?

Btw for those who absolutely love stollen, although this product is delicious, it’s also shrunk in size over the years and is covered in more icing sugar than is strictly necessary. But it can be found in plentiful supply in Lidl after Christmas reduced to 50p .
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Dec 17, 7:19 AM
    • 12,518 Posts
    • 35,714 Thanks
    redfox
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:19 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:19 AM
    If its the same as this, then good review but £3 more expensive than a few months ago
    Originally posted by dlusman
    Thanks for the link. It certainly sounds ok but how did I miss it at that price!
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• dlusman
    • By dlusman 6th Dec 17, 7:14 PM
    • 2,221 Posts
    • 4,246 Thanks
    dlusman
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:14 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:14 PM
    Thanks for the link. It certainly sounds ok but how did I miss it at that price!
    Originally posted by redfox
    You didnt

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5636697
    • lily117
    • By lily117 10th Dec 17, 1:06 PM
    • 533 Posts
    • 661 Thanks
    lily117
    • 10th Dec 17, 1:06 PM
    • 10th Dec 17, 1:06 PM
    My husband has just been for the Stollen and they said they know nothing about it being a weekend deal.
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 10th Dec 17, 1:12 PM
    • 2,221 Posts
    • 4,246 Thanks
    dlusman
    • 10th Dec 17, 1:12 PM
    • 10th Dec 17, 1:12 PM
    My husband has just been for the Stollen and they said they know nothing about it being a weekend deal.
    Originally posted by lily117
    How can they deny their own leaflet ? what town/city are you in ( sometimes they have different offers in different areas - but that hasnt happened recenly ) .Are you sure he went to Lidl
    • lily117
    • By lily117 10th Dec 17, 1:17 PM
    • 533 Posts
    • 661 Thanks
    lily117
    • 10th Dec 17, 1:17 PM
    • 10th Dec 17, 1:17 PM
    Yes definitely lol, we are in Swansea.
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 10th Dec 17, 1:20 PM
    • 2,221 Posts
    • 4,246 Thanks
    dlusman
    Yes definitely lol, we are in Swansea.
    Just had a check - and yes the leaflet for Swansea ( Lidl area 5 ) is the same for everywhere else. So remains a mystery
    • lily117
    • By lily117 10th Dec 17, 1:24 PM
    • 533 Posts
    • 661 Thanks
    lily117
    I know he went there because he bought other things, perhaps Swansea just didn't get a shipment? Weather isn't that bad though.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 10th Dec 17, 5:47 PM
    • 24,216 Posts
    • 50,932 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I can throw some light on this. I went in late last night for the stollen, knowing that I wouldn’t be able to make today’s Sunday trading hours. I could only find the 750g for £2.99, which I wasn’t prepared to pay, so thought I must have had the wrong weekend. Thankfully in these days of smartphones, I was able to bring the Super Weekend offers up and at that point decided I wasn’t going to give up

The 500g was actually there, hidden but in abundance behind the bigger packs. Crucially, there was no promotional shelf-talker (yuu’d expect to see a glaring orange sign declaring the half price status at the very least) but all came good at the till. I bought 4 which was 2kg for just over £5.

Currently enjoying said stollen with a hot cup of tea
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 10th Dec 17, 6:20 PM
    • 2,221 Posts
    • 4,246 Thanks
    dlusman
    I thought every store would get copies of their leaflet and posters to display - so store should at least be aware ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,388Posts Today

7,181Users online

Martin's Twitter