Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 30th Nov 17, 12:31 PM
    • 12,262Posts
    • 11,545Thanks
    jenniewb
    Has anyone ordered from the Ugg Australia website? (sizing question!)
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:31 PM
    Has anyone ordered from the Ugg Australia website? (sizing question!) 30th Nov 17 at 12:31 PM
    I'm trying to help a friend out on this one, I'm trying to help a friend out but this is actually beyond me- I've let her know I've posted it on here and hope someone can help her/us out!

A friend wants to order a pair of Ugg boots. Normally she is a size UK 6. She has tried on Uggs, earlier this year, the one's with the label saying 6.5 fitted her best she says.
    But following their chart she'd be a requesting UK size 4....there is no way on this Earth she is a size UK 4!
    https://www.ugg.com/uk/sizing-information.html

Has anyone ordered from the Ugg UK site before? Can anyone remember how the size conversions work in real life?
Page 1
    • a1969baby
    • By a1969baby 30th Nov 17, 2:47 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 229 Thanks
    a1969baby
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:47 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:47 PM
    I have numerous pairs of UGGS, I'm a size UK 6-6.5 and the size on the label is 7.5. Your friend could try the 6.5 but I find that the fluffy lining makes them quite tight, and I have wide feet. They do loosen over time though.

Have just looked at the sizing guide on the website - just order whatever size she usually is and they will send her the correct size boot.
    Last edited by a1969baby; 30-11-2017 at 2:49 PM.
    How long til I get a star??.....Oooh I've got one!!
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 30th Nov 17, 2:51 PM
    • 12,262 Posts
    • 11,545 Thanks
    jenniewb
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:51 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:51 PM
    I have numerous pairs of UGGS, I'm a size UK 6-6.5 and the size on the label is 7.5. Your friend could try the 6.5 but I find that the fluffy lining makes them quite tight, and I have wide feet. They do loosen over time though.
    Originally posted by a1969baby

That's what we couldn't work out though- yes she does need what the label reads as larger (so the label on her size 6 feet need to read 6.5 she says) but using the website's sizing list, if she were to order what reads 6.5 on the label she'd need to order a UK size 4....this doesn't seem right- she cannot be a size 4. My feet are smaller than hers, I had Uggs back in 2005 and they were from the US, I had a size 5.5. This was a size 6 I'd ordered....we can't get our heads around her needing to order a size 4. Her feet are larger than mine.

She's not ordered Uggs before so wasn't sure on what to order as her normal size is a UK 6, she needs the label inside to say 6.5. But she'd tried them on in a UK store (House of Fraiser) didn't buy them there as she found a better offer online apparently- if she's supposed to go by the box size or the label size or her UK size...they've made a complete hash of it IMO. I even asked in an Ugg store yesterday for her- the store staff gave conflicting answers and they worked there!
    Last edited by jenniewb; 30-11-2017 at 2:54 PM.
    • a1969baby
    • By a1969baby 30th Nov 17, 2:53 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 229 Thanks
    a1969baby
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:53 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:53 PM
    PS. have a look at

https://www.mandmdirect.com/02/fts/?search=ladies+uggs

They've got some great deals on at the moment
    • a1969baby
    • By a1969baby 30th Nov 17, 2:56 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 229 Thanks
    a1969baby
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:56 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:56 PM
    That's what we couldn't work out though- yes she does need what the label reads as larger (so the label on her size 6 feet need to read 6.5 she says) but using the website's sizing list, if she were to order what reads 6.5 on the label she'd need to order a UK size 4....this doesn't seem right- she cannot be a size 4. My feet are smaller than hers, I had Uggs back in 2005 and they were from the US, I had a size 5.5. This was a size 6 I'd ordered....we can't get our heads around her needing to order a size 4. Her feet are larger than mine.

She's not ordered Uggs before so wasn't sure on what to order as her normal size is a UK 6, she needs the label inside to say 6.5. But she'd tried them on in a UK store (House of Fraiser) didn't buy them there as she found a better offer online apparently- if she's supposed to go by the box size or the label size or her UK size...they've made a complete hash of it IMO. I even asked in an Ugg store yesterday for her- the store staff gave conflicting answers and they worked there!
    Originally posted by jenniewb
    If shes a size 6 just select size 6 and they will send you the most suitable size (which will probably arrive with a 6.5 label inside)

Yes it is confusing!
    • Dclutterchique
    • By Dclutterchique 30th Nov 17, 3:22 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 501 Thanks
    Dclutterchique
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:22 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:22 PM
    I would go with a1969baby's advice and just order in her usual UK size. As Ugg say in the final sentence of the paragraph above their size conversion charts:

'Please be assured that we will always send you the UK whole size you select on the website'. (my bold)

Just to confirm, it definitely is the label that says 6.5 and not the box?
    • Sncjw
    • By Sncjw 30th Nov 17, 6:32 PM
    • 1,497 Posts
    • 891 Thanks
    Sncjw
    • 30th Nov 17, 6:32 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 6:32 PM
    If she is worried about sizing I would buy them in a shop
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 1st Dec 17, 2:38 AM
    • 12,262 Posts
    • 11,545 Thanks
    jenniewb
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:38 AM
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:38 AM
    PS. have a look at

https://www.mandmdirect.com/02/fts/?search=ladies+uggs

They've got some great deals on at the moment
    Originally posted by a1969baby
    Thanks, unfortunately they've not got the pair she wants, I think she's after a new season pair. I said to wait till the sales but she wanted them before Xmas for whatever reason (I'd have waited...)
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 1st Dec 17, 2:39 AM
    • 12,262 Posts
    • 11,545 Thanks
    jenniewb
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:39 AM
    • 1st Dec 17, 2:39 AM
    If she is worried about sizing I would buy them in a shop
    Originally posted by Sncjw
    Cashback. And online vouchers from a well meaning relative.
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 1st Dec 17, 2:43 AM
    • 12,262 Posts
    • 11,545 Thanks
    jenniewb
    I would go with a1969baby's advice and just order in her usual UK size. As Ugg say in the final sentence of the paragraph above their size conversion charts:

'Please be assured that we will always send you the UK whole size you select on the website'. (my bold)

Originally posted by Dclutterchique
    Yep, and to make things more confusing- the website says "W6 W6.5..."etc which will indicate male or female which run differently in the US apparently. It doesn't say W anything on UK store Uggs, I can't recall if my US pair (10-15 years ago) had W anything or a straight number but if it's not got W at the front it makes me wonder if indeed UK store stock is different to US and website stock hence her fitting into a 6.5 store size but not being a size UK 4.5 at all. I've suggested she just order a UK 6 and see what happens. She was worried if they get it wrong she wont be able to return, get the refund and repurchase for Xmas. If she asks for an exchange due to the sizing issue if they do get it wrong, the cashback will not track or will be declined.
    She's also not London based so it's not so easy to get to a store but I think she's pretty hooked on this Cashback thing, it does add up I suppose but the headache that it's causing? !!
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 1st Dec 17, 9:28 AM
    • 18,557 Posts
    • 47,771 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I have ordered UGGs from the website.

I have tiny feet, I take anything between a UK 2 (EU35) and UK 3 (sometimes EU35.5 - Next, Clarks, M&S or EU36)

I ordered a UK 3.5 EU36 US 5.
    The box has a big '5' then USA 5 UK 3.5 EU 36
    The label inside says the same but the most prominent number is W5 - i.e the US size.

The label gives the US size (you can see from the size chart that US sizes are larger than UK).
    So if the label says W6.5 that is a UK 4.5 - and clearly the wrong size for your friend.

I think if your friend has tried on a genuine pair of UGGs in a UK 6.5 size, that is the size she needs to order.
    The label will say W8.5.

The style I have is more structured than the traditional UGG style and is grain leather rather than sheepskin - and it comes up very small.
    So small that I've picked up a few pairs of new UGGs on ebay obviously bought untried-on by people who are a size 3 but have then found them too small.
    • a1969baby
    • By a1969baby 1st Dec 17, 10:46 AM
    • 143 Posts
    • 229 Thanks
    a1969baby

Originally posted by Dclutterchique
    Had a pair delivered yesterday, the label says 7.5 and the box says 9
    • just trying
    • By just trying 2nd Dec 17, 9:41 PM
    • 767 Posts
    • 2,765 Thanks
    just trying
    I think if she needs a 6.5 on the label she needs to order a 5.5. The label inside is normally 1 size bigger, the last pair I ordered from ugg I wanted a 6..no stock left had to order 6.5 and the size delivered was 7.5.
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE MEMBER 098
    WILL SAVE ATLEAST £500!.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 3rd Dec 17, 9:03 AM
    • 18,557 Posts
    • 47,771 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I think if she needs a 6.5 on the label she needs to order a 5.5. The label inside is normally 1 size bigger, the last pair I ordered from ugg I wanted a 6..no stock left had to order 6.5 and the size delivered was 7.5.
    Originally posted by just trying
    It depends which bit of the label she was reading.

As per my earlier post:
    The label inside says the same but the most prominent number is W5 - i.e the US size.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    So when the OP's friend tried on the boots, did she read the US label or the UK label?

If the UK label said 6.5, then she needs a UK 6.5.

I hope the OP comes back and updates us - it may be helpful for someone else struggling with the same conundrum.
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 3rd Dec 17, 2:08 PM
    • 12,262 Posts
    • 11,545 Thanks
    jenniewb
    Originally posted by just trying
    They can only be ordered in whole sizes.

I'm so glad it's her ordering and not me! It really isn't a logical site to use is it?!
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 3rd Dec 17, 2:11 PM
    • 12,262 Posts
    • 11,545 Thanks
    jenniewb
    I think she said she's got them coming in the post next week though did have a "up to 7 days" email. She ordered on Friday so it could be any day till then assuming she's off work and able to wait in that day...

I'll update you on what happens, she ordered a site-size 6 in the end and is hoping the label will read a 6.5 but I think what it will be is anyone's guess! She did have a decent amount of cashback being that they are not cheap in the first place but I think I'd see that as compensation for the mind work they require with the sizing issues!
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 3rd Dec 17, 2:27 PM
    • 18,557 Posts
    • 47,771 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I think she said she's got them coming in the post next week though did have a "up to 7 days" email. She ordered on Friday so it could be any day till then assuming she's off work and able to wait in that day...

I'll update you on what happens, she ordered a site-size 6 in the end and is hoping the label will read a 6.5 but I think what it will be is anyone's guess! She did have a decent amount of cashback being that they are not cheap in the first place but I think I'd see that as compensation for the mind work they require with the sizing issues!
    I think they may have changed their sizing since I bought mine.
    When I posted this, I'd actually checked on the box.
    Their website now says UK3 (not3.5) EU36 US5
    They can only be ordered in whole sizes.
    That's odd, not what their website says at all.
    I agree, it really shouldn't be so hard.
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 3rd Dec 17, 3:07 PM
    • 10,325 Posts
    • 19,020 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Different styles as well fit differently. I have three pairs of the classic short, a pair of the Bailey Bow short and the Bailey Galaxy ones which I’m currently wearing. The Bailey Bow ones are very snug fitting and I can only get one pair of socks under them, the Bailey Galaxy ones are huge and I can easily fit two pairs of thick socks under them and the classic shorts are somewhere in the middle- but on all of them I’ve had to size up to a 7. My mate has the Bailey Buttons and she had to size up to an 8 from a 6! Uggs sizing is confusing!
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! ❤️DMU MA English begins 09/17
    WFC and pleased to be sponsor for the 2nd season ❤️ 🐝
    Will always miss you Elle and will never forget you, brightest star in the sky 😢
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 4th Dec 17, 3:02 AM
    • 12,262 Posts
    • 11,545 Thanks
    jenniewb
    I think they may have changed their sizing since I bought mine.
    When I posted this, I'd actually checked on the box.

Their website now says UK3 (not3.5) EU36 US5

That's odd, not what their website says at all.
    I agree, it really shouldn't be so hard.

When selecting your size, the only option given is a whole size number. Which is odd because they all seem to arrive with a half size listed.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 4th Dec 17, 9:28 AM
    • 18,557 Posts
    • 47,771 Thanks
    Pollycat
    When selecting your size, the only option given is a whole size number. Which is odd because they all seem to arrive with a half size listed.
    You're right.
    The size ordering options are whole sizes.
    So what's the point in having a size chart that shows half sizes?
    Totally bonkers.

I hope your friend has picked the right size.

Ordering footwear online is a nightmare.
    I've just ordered a pair of Doc Mart sandals.
    I've agonised over the size for days.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,607Posts Today

7,622Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @SF_England: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, just so everyone is aware- check your payslips between when you graduated and the following Ap?

• Sorry to bubble burst. But each day a lot of people tweet me this. I think it doesn't show any other votes until t? https://t.co/uRny62NRc1

• Today's Twitter poll: I want to find out are people generally happy. So how happy are you today? PS I did the same? https://t.co/3Gw9ylu2H2

• Follow Martin