Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KunSamara
    • By KunSamara 30th Nov 17, 12:24 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    KunSamara
    Repossession and Default Date
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:24 PM
    Repossession and Default Date 30th Nov 17 at 12:24 PM
    Hi,

i'm trying to clean up my credit file following on from a mortgage repossession in 2013. I stopped making payments in 2010. I need some advice regarding the correct default date if possible. The rules are complicated and confusing me, as I know mortgage debts are slightly different to other types of debts. Ideally I want to know if I have grounds to change the default date to 3-6 months from missed payments, then it will have cleared off my credit file, as I am wanting another mortgage now I have remarried and moved-on. The repossession happened after a violent marriage break-up, where myself and the children had to be rehoused to another area due to harassment from my ex.

In summary, the default date applied is the date of repossession not the date of first missed payment. Is this correct? The lender took over 18 months to sell the house and the markers on my credit file are completely messed up in order.

Took out mortgage March 2009 - okay until:-
    Sept 2010 - 1st missed payment '1' marker applied
    Oct 2010 '2' applied
    November 2010 '3' applied
    December 2010 '4' applied
    Jan 2011 - March 2011 - '3' applied again
    April 2011 - Jun 2011 - '2' applied again
    July - Nov 2011 - '3' applied
    Dec 2011 - '4' applied
    Jan 2012 - '5' applied
    Feb 2012 until Jan 2013 '6' applied (nearly a year!)
    Feb 2013 (Default notice)
    March - Account marked as satisfied and property sold.

It was with Northern Rock but now Landmark mortgages. I have written to them to ask them to change the default date but not had a reply, and I don't actually know if I have grounds to do so. Can anyone help? Is there anything I can do regarding this or was due process followed?

Thanks
Page 1
    • KunSamara
    • By KunSamara 30th Nov 17, 12:29 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KunSamara
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:29 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:29 PM
    Sorry I posted on wrong section
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,937Posts Today

6,555Users online

Martin's Twitter