Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 30th Nov 17, 11:52 AM
    • 6,477Posts
    • 8,308Thanks
    beamerguy
    Brewhouse and Kitchen in Nottingham --AVOID, Scammer Alert
    • 30th Nov 17, 11:52 AM
    Brewhouse and Kitchen in Nottingham --AVOID, Scammer Alert 30th Nov 17 at 11:52 AM
    Brewhouse and Kitchen in Nottingham --AVOID, Scammer Alert

By having a drink can cost you an extra £100 ?
    Another Parking Eye tale of woe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5128239/Woman-49-fined-leaving-car-pub-carpark.html
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Page 1
    • bargepole
    • By bargepole 30th Nov 17, 12:16 PM
    • 2,167 Posts
    • 6,244 Thanks
    bargepole
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:16 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:16 PM
    It's hardly a scam.

This is a pub with 27 spaces in the car park, and close to Notts Forest FC and Trent Bridge Cricket ground.

There are signs outside and inside telling patrons to input their reg. no. into a terminal so they don't get a ticket, and even if they forget to do so, they can get the charge cancelled upon proof that they were a customer.

If they didn't have a scheme like this, genuine pub users would have trouble finding a space. Seems fair enough to me.
    Speeding cases fought: 24 (3 of mine, 21 for others). Cases won: 20. Points on licence: 0. Private Parking Court Cases: Won 30. Lost 9.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 30th Nov 17, 12:31 PM
    • 6,477 Posts
    • 8,308 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:31 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:31 PM
    It's hardly a scam.

This is a pub with 27 spaces in the car park, and close to Notts Forest FC and Trent Bridge Cricket ground.

There are signs outside and inside telling patrons to input their reg. no. into a terminal so they don't get a ticket, and even if they forget to do so, they can get the charge cancelled upon proof that they were a customer.

If they didn't have a scheme like this, genuine pub users would have trouble finding a space. Seems fair enough to me.
    Originally posted by bargepole
    Whoo BP, have you changed sides ??

If they really want to stop the unwanted, a simple barrier
    with a ticket and upon paying the bill, they get a token
    to exit

Why on earth would anyone who misread, were not told
    by staff then have to go to the effort of proving themselves.
    And .. we all know about the problems about entering
    a reg number ?

Amazed though that PE are doing mini car parks now

Get all that sorted and it might not be a scam

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Redx
    • By Redx 30th Nov 17, 12:38 PM
    • 16,937 Posts
    • 21,066 Thanks
    Redx
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:38 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:38 PM
    plenty of pubs near major attractions or beauty spots have similar issues and machines with redemption inside

there is a place called Hollingworth Lake near Saddleworth with a pub called THE BEACH that has a similar system of payment and refund at the bar and its been that way for a few years now

I cannot remember which PPC it is but its not PE or EXCEL etc

if they did not have a system like this it would be rammed 24/7 with people going sailing or just taking country walks around the man made lake

so I can sympathise with some landowners trying to run a business who have an attractively located car park
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 30th Nov 17, 12:49 PM
    • 6,477 Posts
    • 8,308 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:49 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:49 PM
    so I can sympathise with some landowners trying to run a business who have an attractively located car park
    Originally posted by Redx
    I agree but think it out first, do their homework with one thing
    in mind that a PPC is only operating to make money which
    will in turn mean losing money when customers get burned.
    The great British public are not known for complaining, it
    just means they never return

As said many times on here ... "google is your / their best friend"
    Last edited by beamerguy; 30-11-2017 at 12:54 PM.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 30th Nov 17, 12:53 PM
    • 7,429 Posts
    • 6,476 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:53 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:53 PM
    Dan Kelly, operations manager for the North at Brewhouse, said the scheme is to ensure 'genuine customers' always have a space to park.

Good old DM, but this article alone will probably cost the pub £££s in lost custom. Is that what they want, what they really really want?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 30th Nov 17, 6:26 PM
    • 10,253 Posts
    • 9,388 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 30th Nov 17, 6:26 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 6:26 PM
    Dan Kelly, operations manager for the North at Brewhouse, said the scheme is to ensure 'genuine customers' always have a space to park.

Good old DM, but this article alone will probably cost the pub £££s in lost custom. Is that what they want, what they really really want?
    Originally posted by The Deep
    But would a car park full of football supporters not using pub not mean more lost custom? Needs a Risk Analysis, obviously.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,155Posts Today

5,578Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin