Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Marcc
    • By Marcc 18th Nov 17, 10:53 AM
    • 22Posts
    • 141Thanks
    Marcc
    Advents Idea
    • 18th Nov 17, 10:53 AM
    Advents Idea 18th Nov 17 at 10:53 AM
    Just a suggestion regarding the advent competitions - is it possible to keep them just in the advents section and not in the main competitions section. Reason being that if, like me, you are too busy to enter all advents every day you can still enter the normal competitions without spending extra time sorting through pages and pages of advent competitions. It really makes it very difficult for people who don't enter them and time consuming. If then I have some extra time I can go to the advents and enter them. I hope this makes sense. What does everyone think?
Page 5
    • mansey
    • By mansey 2nd Dec 17, 9:19 AM
    • 3,406 Posts
    • 11,809 Thanks
    mansey
    I think it is a bit late in the day to have Advent "ideas" especially now that the Advents have started.

There was a thread for Advent ideas about a month ago
    I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.
    ― Billy Joel
    • bubblebobble23
    • By bubblebobble23 2nd Dec 17, 10:53 AM
    • 429 Posts
    • 32,638 Thanks
    bubblebobble23
    12 Days of Irritating Advents!!
    There's a magical place, we are on our way there, prizes are a million....

What irritates you the most about advents!? Place to have a moan, a grumble and a guffaw!

• bubblebobble23
    • By bubblebobble23 2nd Dec 17, 10:54 AM
    • 429 Posts
    • 32,638 Thanks
    bubblebobble23
    my god 2 days in and I want to throw Jet2 advent elf animation out of the window! soooo irritating!

Also the Whistles advent with the stupid pick a prize thingy. ugh!
    • Makeandsave
    • By Makeandsave 2nd Dec 17, 11:05 AM
    • 2,858 Posts
    • 24,413 Thanks
    Makeandsave
    Woke up to 10 pages lol up to date dread to go out or step away lol.
    DEC Wins: 25 Cash Winneroo, 50 for Rockfish, The goldbergs 3+4 DVD, Dove Gift Set. William Hartnell Years DVD, R4 Integrated Music System, 4 Glass Tumblers, Snow Globe, The Rules of Magic book, Bottle of wine, tech sticker sheet. soup spoons viners, World Airport Playset, Bake-O-Glide Simmering circle, audew 12V Seat Heater,
    ladies Ice watch.
    • mansey
    • By mansey 2nd Dec 17, 11:14 AM
    • 3,406 Posts
    • 11,809 Thanks
    mansey
    I went out with the dogs at 9am got back just before 11am and in those 2 hours 9 pages of comps appeared so over 180 comps in less than 2 hours.

I ain't even trying to keep up just gonna plod along
    ― Billy Joel
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 2nd Dec 17, 11:38 AM
    • 2,409 Posts
    • 17,407 Thanks
    Blueyez
    I'm starting even later than yesterday

Btw- I found the Superdrug comp! It's on instagram this year( I can't post the link though so anyone feel free- If it's not already up & I've missed it!)
    Last edited by Blueyez; 02-12-2017 at 12:17 PM.
    • noname123
    • By noname123 2nd Dec 17, 1:04 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 1,614 Thanks
    noname123
    Yesterday was a bit of a slog- I stopped in the end because it's supposed to be something we do for fun not a chore! Hopefully today there are less new competitions....

The A: rather than the E: is working brilliantly for me

(BTW, thank you for your efforts sleepyjones (nd I note your prediction has come true...)
    Last edited by noname123; 02-12-2017 at 1:09 PM.
    • hamsterfan1
    • By hamsterfan1 2nd Dec 17, 1:47 PM
    • 7,801 Posts
    • 72,223 Thanks
    hamsterfan1
    a 10% discount is not a prize it's an offer
    prood gran to 4 lovely boys
    • Makeandsave
    • By Makeandsave 3rd Dec 17, 12:19 AM
    • 2,858 Posts
    • 24,413 Thanks
    Makeandsave
    merged? thought i was seeing thing lol, Anyway cheap Lidl wine (rather nice) on special this weekend 2.99 very nice rose Australia makes the advents go quicker. Only on 2nd bottle think its 1 per 10 pages lol
    DEC Wins: 25 Cash Winneroo, 50 for Rockfish, The goldbergs 3+4 DVD, Dove Gift Set. William Hartnell Years DVD, R4 Integrated Music System, 4 Glass Tumblers, Snow Globe, The Rules of Magic book, Bottle of wine, tech sticker sheet. soup spoons viners, World Airport Playset, Bake-O-Glide Simmering circle, audew 12V Seat Heater,
    ladies Ice watch.
    • mansey
    • By mansey 3rd Dec 17, 12:40 AM
    • 3,406 Posts
    • 11,809 Thanks
    mansey
    After 3 rather large wine glasses of Bailey's (they did have ice in) I am starting to think "bugga the advents, let's go find something to watch on You Tube"

― Billy Joel
    • Makeandsave
    • By Makeandsave 3rd Dec 17, 12:50 AM
    • 2,858 Posts
    • 24,413 Thanks
    Makeandsave
    After 3 rather large wine glasses of Bailey's (they did have ice in) I am starting to think "bugga the advents, let's go find something to watch on You Tube"

Originally posted by mansey

I am playing music of youtube on some nice bluetooth headphones i won last year
    ladies Ice watch.
    • StripeySock
    • By StripeySock 3rd Dec 17, 1:35 AM
    • 176 Posts
    • 1,981 Thanks
    StripeySock
    This is the first year that I've tried the advents. Have already missed the bulk of the first two days...

It's sheer madness!!
    • moreofthegoodstuff
    • By moreofthegoodstuff 3rd Dec 17, 5:26 AM
    • 570 Posts
    • 10,041 Thanks
    moreofthegoodstuff
    Are those that do the mags dailies managing to keep them up?

Also, does anyone manage to do the mags dailies + all the advents (tw/fb/ig and web) plus the comps board? That would take me hours...Im just about managing the web advents, dailies and comps board.
    • Minnibix
    • By Minnibix 3rd Dec 17, 6:42 AM
    • 151 Posts
    • 286 Thanks
    Minnibix
    So far I am keeping up with dalies/Mags I want to do but only end date comping for one or two days on the main board. Hope I can catch up after the advent madness has calmed down
    • robpw2
    • By robpw2 3rd Dec 17, 7:07 AM
    • 12,487 Posts
    • 26,113 Thanks
    robpw2
    won 6 prizes so far love to shop voucher , night garden magnets and some other prizes nothing of great value yet ... need a full time job to do the advents it took me about an hour yesterday just to get to letter f lol

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
    • Makeandsave
    • By Makeandsave 3rd Dec 17, 12:59 PM
    • 2,858 Posts
    • 24,413 Thanks
    Makeandsave
    wish i had not gone to bed last night, 23 pages then when i did them there was another 5 lol
    ladies Ice watch.
    • sammi86
    • By sammi86 3rd Dec 17, 1:47 PM
    • 357 Posts
    • 5,139 Thanks
    sammi86
    Its taking so long this time round, hoping to reduce my lists down significantly soon. Not entering for the tatty small prizes so that helps save time but its the having to look through everything on the list thats a killer
    • sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 3rd Dec 17, 1:53 PM
    • 3,720 Posts
    • 292,532 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    Advents over 100 might help : http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5734216
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 3rd Dec 17, 2:07 PM
    • 1,905 Posts
    • 58,688 Thanks
    hdh74
    Having spent an eternity the first day bookmarking and subscribing to my favourites and weeding out what I wasn't interested in it's almost manageable today. Almost. But then it's Sunday....
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 3rd Dec 17, 2:48 PM
    • 2,409 Posts
    • 17,407 Thanks
    Blueyez
    Having spent an eternity the first day bookmarking and subscribing to my favourites and weeding out what I wasn't interested in it's almost manageable today. Almost. But then it's Sunday....
    Originally posted by hdh74
    Tomorrow will be a whole different ball game!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,677Posts Today

7,134Users online

Martin's Twitter