Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Marcc
    • By Marcc 18th Nov 17, 10:53 AM
    • 20Posts
    • 119Thanks
    Marcc
    Advents Idea
    • 18th Nov 17, 10:53 AM
    Advents Idea 18th Nov 17 at 10:53 AM
    Just a suggestion regarding the advent competitions - is it possible to keep them just in the advents section and not in the main competitions section. Reason being that if, like me, you are too busy to enter all advents every day you can still enter the normal competitions without spending extra time sorting through pages and pages of advent competitions. It really makes it very difficult for people who don't enter them and time consuming. If then I have some extra time I can go to the advents and enter them. I hope this makes sense. What does everyone think?
Page 4
    • bluesooz
    • By bluesooz 1st Dec 17, 6:27 PM
    • 4,452 Posts
    • 449,048 Thanks
    bluesooz
    one of my fingers has swelled up got rid of the ones I don't want, so the next few days should be easier.
    Originally posted by Blueyez
    you got rid of your fingers
    Big thanks to all who post
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 1st Dec 17, 6:36 PM
    • 2,404 Posts
    • 17,399 Thanks
    Blueyez
    you got rid of your fingers
    Originally posted by bluesooz

that would solve the problems I've been having with them...but it would also present another problem!
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 1st Dec 17, 6:46 PM
    • 6,715 Posts
    • 195,109 Thanks
    Moneybot
    done diddly done, now to chill with a couple of hours of ctws...........
    Originally posted by toniq
    can you enter some for me please?
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
    Marcus Aurelius
    • serenity2012
    • By serenity2012 1st Dec 17, 6:52 PM
    • 1,725 Posts
    • 94,512 Thanks
    serenity2012
    I agree with the OP. I have no idea why the advents are posted twice. Total waste of time and just jams up the boards. Posting them in the normal board and then someone else putting them in advents makes no sense at all
    August-September 2017: Lots of stuff
    • bubblebobble23
    • By bubblebobble23 1st Dec 17, 6:54 PM
    • 428 Posts
    • 32,635 Thanks
    bubblebobble23
    the problem is the bumping. I know sort the threads by post blah blah , but some of the posts with answers or the ones which are posted before they are open (the point of which I don't get) need to be bumped. any others it's just stupid. they are on the advent thread for people to catch up with and/or bookmark.
    • Makeandsave
    • By Makeandsave 1st Dec 17, 6:56 PM
    • 2,848 Posts
    • 24,298 Thanks
    Makeandsave
    I think i have earned my wine sat in the fridge anyone else having a well earned drink tonight?
    DEC Wins: £25 Cash Winneroo, £50 for Rockfish, The goldbergs 3+4 DVD, Dove Gift Set. William Hartnell Years DVD, R4 Integrated Music System, 4 Glass Tumblers, Snow Globe, The Rules of Magic book, Bottle of wine, tech sticker sheet. soup spoons viners, World Airport Playset, Bake-O-Glide Simmering circle, audew 12V Seat Heater.
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 1st Dec 17, 6:59 PM
    • 2,404 Posts
    • 17,399 Thanks
    Blueyez
    Is there no Superdrug,Shopological & ASDA advents this year?
    • dontone
    • By dontone 1st Dec 17, 7:12 PM
    • 3,885 Posts
    • 11,826 Thanks
    dontone
    I'm fed up with them already, but it's like when you are completely podged on chocolates, and you can't resist having....just......one.....more.... 'cos they are there.
    The thing is, is that I don't so all that well on them anyway, so if I win something, then fab, but I haven't put in much effort this year with lists and what-have-you. I must be a bit 'meh!!' to it all.
    Tbh, I am waiting for it to really warm up, and then go on FB and laugh at those with a comping sense of entitlement complain about 'non-compers' winning all the competitions. No sense of irony that a few of them do extremely well throughout the rest of the year.
    Popcorn at the ready folks.
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • hertzyabazas
    • By hertzyabazas 1st Dec 17, 7:15 PM
    • 28,548 Posts
    • 5,164,384 Thanks
    hertzyabazas
    Is there no Superdrug,Shopological & ASDA advents this year?
    Originally posted by Blueyez
    and no Garmin, that dude who makes outdoor clothing, BT and none of the big phone companies, oh and Virgin. To be honest my brain's a bit fried and they may well be running them and I've just forgotten.

Takes me a couple of days to settle down sorting out the good from the tat. Pleased with my amount of red crosses so far though.

Was at work and caught up about 10.30 and went to make a cup of tea, someone cornered me for a chat and when I returned about 15 minutes later, I was back on page 4. Kinda stayed that way all day and only caught up just now.
    • sammi86
    • By sammi86 1st Dec 17, 7:36 PM
    • 352 Posts
    • 5,056 Thanks
    sammi86
    Just about to start the advents after being in work since 8am this morning, its going to be a longggg evening
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 1st Dec 17, 7:41 PM
    • 2,404 Posts
    • 17,399 Thanks
    Blueyez
    Just about to start the advents after being in work since 8am this morning, its going to be a longggg evening
    Originally posted by sammi86
    Good luck!
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 1st Dec 17, 7:42 PM
    • 6,715 Posts
    • 195,109 Thanks
    Moneybot
    Originally posted by sammi86
    Oooo massive hugs and maybe have a G&T?
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
    Marcus Aurelius
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 1st Dec 17, 8:11 PM
    • 1,902 Posts
    • 58,592 Thanks
    hdh74
    I reckon I've comped the best part of 14 hours today! Shoot me now
    • Makeandsave
    • By Makeandsave 1st Dec 17, 8:50 PM
    • 2,848 Posts
    • 24,298 Thanks
    Makeandsave
    I reckon I've comped the best part of 14 hours today! Shoot me now
    Originally posted by hdh74
    LOL i should be standing next to you then
    DEC Wins: £25 Cash Winneroo, £50 for Rockfish, The goldbergs 3+4 DVD, Dove Gift Set. William Hartnell Years DVD, R4 Integrated Music System, 4 Glass Tumblers, Snow Globe, The Rules of Magic book, Bottle of wine, tech sticker sheet. soup spoons viners, World Airport Playset, Bake-O-Glide Simmering circle, audew 12V Seat Heater.
    • marialionza
    • By marialionza 1st Dec 17, 9:09 PM
    • 6,058 Posts
    • 68,434 Thanks
    marialionza
    A round of applause to sleepyjones, who has surpass her(him)self with the Advents organization!!!
    THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPS HERE

• Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 1st Dec 17, 9:28 PM
    • 2,404 Posts
    • 17,399 Thanks
    Blueyez
    I'm giving up for today. Sleep time.
    • KATHYBEAR
    • By KATHYBEAR 1st Dec 17, 10:44 PM
    • 226 Posts
    • 722 Thanks
    KATHYBEAR
    Compers nightmare! was temporarily blocked on facebook this afternoon, its back now but am scared to use it! Anyone else get blocked on Facebook? To be honest i think i had only entered about 10 comps so was a bit surprised! Any advice? Thanks
    • Makeandsave
    • By Makeandsave 2nd Dec 17, 12:38 AM
    • 2,848 Posts
    • 24,298 Thanks
    Makeandsave
    Back here for the 2 hour rush and then to bed Good luck for day 2 and thank you very much to all the posters
    • sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 2nd Dec 17, 9:05 AM
    • 3,706 Posts
    • 291,728 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    Most of us yesterday

• sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 2nd Dec 17, 9:16 AM
    • 3,706 Posts
    • 291,728 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    We need to have the competitions posted somewhere, we need the ability to post daily links / answers etc, so the competition forum is the logical place to do that. The Advents thread is just a list of all the advent posts so that people can go through the list quickly and enter whatever they want (it's the "Contents" page for the advents). It's perhaps not so much needed anymore because with the new A: titles, they are a lot easier to sort (it used to be that everything was E.

I don't really understand your problem with advents (your as in a collective of the replies here as opposed to any one specific person), Most of these competitions only run for one day so the chances of you actually winning one of them are higher than the standard competitions because generally there aren't as many entries.

It's also worth noting, you don't have to enter every one, every day ... each advent day is a stand-alone competition (mostly), so it's not like you have to enter for all 25 days, you just enter on the days where the prize is something you want
    Last edited by sleepyjones; 02-12-2017 at 9:20 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

228Posts Today

1,538Users online

Martin's Twitter