Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Marcc
    • By Marcc 18th Nov 17, 10:53 AM
    • 20Posts
    • 119Thanks
    Marcc
    Advents Idea
    • 18th Nov 17, 10:53 AM
    Advents Idea 18th Nov 17 at 10:53 AM
    Just a suggestion regarding the advent competitions - is it possible to keep them just in the advents section and not in the main competitions section. Reason being that if, like me, you are too busy to enter all advents every day you can still enter the normal competitions without spending extra time sorting through pages and pages of advent competitions. It really makes it very difficult for people who don't enter them and time consuming. If then I have some extra time I can go to the advents and enter them. I hope this makes sense. What does everyone think?
Page 3
    • Makeandsave
    • By Makeandsave 1st Dec 17, 1:54 PM
    • 2,834 Posts
    • 24,239 Thanks
    Makeandsave
    Sore fingers & I keep sneezing everywhere-Nearly on my second tub of tissues.
    Originally posted by Blueyez
    You need to win some tissues hope you feel better soon

I did all my computer updates yesterday, Firefox and roboform and it seems to be running much quicker then before.
    DEC Wins: 25 Cash Winneroo, 50 voucher for Rockfish restaurant, The goldbergs season 3+4 DVD, Trio of Dove Gift Set. The Doctors: The William Hartnell Years DVD, R4 Integrated Music System, 4 Glass Tumblers, Snow Globe, The Rules of Magic book, Bottle of wine, tech sticker sheet. soup spoons viners, Super Wings - World Airport Playset.
    • sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 1st Dec 17, 2:04 PM
    • 3,693 Posts
    • 290,588 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    You kinda do need to be at it full time in December

I did say in the Advents post about a month ago to try and get all of the December competitions ticked off before the advents start

If you don't want to see the advents, try this :
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72&pp=20&sort=title&order=desc& daysprune=-1#topofpage

and use the pages to get to whatever date you want, the advents will all be at the end.
    Last edited by sleepyjones; 01-12-2017 at 5:03 PM.
    • lgardner
    • By lgardner 1st Dec 17, 2:05 PM
    • 320 Posts
    • 1,421 Thanks
    lgardner
    im currently up to date, but give me 2 hours and i will be 15 pages behind again, my fingers are killing
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 1st Dec 17, 2:18 PM
    • 2,398 Posts
    • 17,387 Thanks
    Blueyez
    You need to win some tissues hope you feel better soon

I did all my computer updates yesterday, Firefox and roboform and it seems to be running much quicker then before.
    Originally posted by Makeandsave

That would be useful! And thank you.
    2017 wins: Thomas Sabo diary:GF goodies: Umbrella: Caran d'Ache pens:Xmen merch:sunny D socks: Staedtler pencils: Years worth SunnyD: Zaini hat: DespicableMe bundle:PNY bundle: PilotPen & book: personalised Yull shoes:Colouring boo&pencils&:PostIt pack:cashmere jumper:Scarf
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 1st Dec 17, 2:22 PM
    • 2,398 Posts
    • 17,387 Thanks
    Blueyez
    im currently up to date, but give me 2 hours and i will be 15 pages behind again, my fingers are killing
    Originally posted by lgardner

Sad thing is, I've tackled IG, WT & FB since 10:30 this morning...and I still haven't been into my bookmarked advents & competition time.... The last quiet week or so of hardly any comps has lolled me into a false sense of security! anyway, Once more unto the breach, dear friends!
    • Dormouse1940
    • By Dormouse1940 1st Dec 17, 2:35 PM
    • 265 Posts
    • 7,011 Thanks
    Dormouse1940
    This is madness.

Utter madness.

I've been comping for a couple of years now, but always been working full time during advent season so it's only just hit me now....
    Living thriftily most of the time
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 1st Dec 17, 2:35 PM
    • 4,266 Posts
    • 157,118 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    I booked today as holiday from work. I thought I was organised last night with bookmarks etc. This morning, my laptop tried to update and has been frozen all day. I am typing this on an old PC, which doesn't have my bookmarks, nor Lastpass and is reaaallly slow.

All I have managed to do is a few twitter competitions (no more than a few for fear of being shadowbanned). I went out shopping to get away from comping and having come back, my laptop is still trying to update.

To top it all, I have an ear infection and had to go to the doctors.

I think I will just have to write today off, except perhaps a few advents in the over 100 thread

Good luck everyone

• BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 1st Dec 17, 3:04 PM
    • 9,180 Posts
    • 319,990 Thanks
    BlueBella
    I hold my pee thinking 'I'll just enter this one then go....' but 10 comps later I'm still muttering the same thing to myself until I start to dribble eek! So off I go to pee...only to come back and find another 50 comps have been posted Doh! So Tena lady big pants are on order, as well as a pizza delivery for tea!
    A big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter

Don't judge my path if you haven't walked my journey...
    • sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 1st Dec 17, 3:24 PM
    • 3,693 Posts
    • 290,588 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    Slowing down a wee bit now, thanks god!

I think I've managed to enter about 5 so far
    • mansey
    • By mansey 1st Dec 17, 3:45 PM
    • 3,395 Posts
    • 11,762 Thanks
    mansey
    I hold my pee thinking 'I'll just enter this one then go....' but 10 comps later I'm still muttering the same thing to myself until I start to dribble eek! So off I go to pee...only to come back and find another 50 comps have been posted Doh! So Tena lady big pants are on order, as well as a pizza delivery for tea!
    Originally posted by BlueBella

Ewwww TMI Bella
    I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.
    ― Billy Joel
    • Makeandsave
    • By Makeandsave 1st Dec 17, 5:37 PM
    • 2,834 Posts
    • 24,239 Thanks
    Makeandsave
    Fell asleep woke up to 6 pages and normal comps Slowing down a bit now tomorrow will be better now i have sorted the ones i want to do and dump
    DEC Wins: 25 Cash Winneroo, 50 voucher for Rockfish restaurant, The goldbergs season 3+4 DVD, Trio of Dove Gift Set. The Doctors: The William Hartnell Years DVD, R4 Integrated Music System, 4 Glass Tumblers, Snow Globe, The Rules of Magic book, Bottle of wine, tech sticker sheet. soup spoons viners, Super Wings - World Airport Playset.
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 1st Dec 17, 5:44 PM
    • 6,702 Posts
    • 194,877 Thanks
    Moneybot
    Originally posted by BlueBella
    I think this is what one calls "too much information"

What you need to do is stop drinking....
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
    Marcus Aurelius
    • barbedwire71
    • By barbedwire71 1st Dec 17, 5:50 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    barbedwire71
    advents!!!
    does anybody manage to d all the advents every day. I have been plugging away all day and im seriously knackered,theres just so many!!!
    • toniq
    • By toniq 1st Dec 17, 5:55 PM
    • 28,247 Posts
    • 605,853 Thanks
    toniq
    done diddly done, now to chill with a couple of hours of ctws...........
    HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY!

• Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 1st Dec 17, 5:56 PM
    • 2,743 Posts
    • 120,571 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    I doubt I will be able to, but at least going through them once, I can narrow it down to the ones I am likely to want to enter or have reason to. I can cancel out certain prizes, sites I'm not currently registered with and those that have entry ways that I would rather not do, like sharing Facebook posts.
    The tick and cross system comes in very useful for advents.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.

50 Challenges 2017 - 46/50
    • mummy2threeboys
    • By mummy2threeboys 1st Dec 17, 6:01 PM
    • 693 Posts
    • 7,925 Thanks
    mummy2threeboys
    I have done the normal end of day throughout the month (a bit every day) and I still have loads of advents..slow internet connection today grrr

I do have a question..are all the advents in the advent list also on the page where I see the dailys..So i could tick them off when I have done them, then untick then I have done them all it makes it easier for me to track , good luck all
    debts various PAID off 4575:
    total 7681 3107
    59.56% Debt free day jun 2019 Aug 18

Pay off all your debt Xmas 2017 Member 42 1118/ 4225 (26.46%)
    No buying Toiletries 2017 134
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 1st Dec 17, 6:03 PM
    • 2,398 Posts
    • 17,387 Thanks
    Blueyez
    one of my fingers has swelled up got rid of the ones I don't want, so the next few days should be easier.
    • mansey
    • By mansey 1st Dec 17, 6:05 PM
    • 3,395 Posts
    • 11,762 Thanks
    mansey
    Well my fruitful day consisted of red crossing 90% of the FB Advents.............

And even that was a struggle with two Border Collies sitting on me

Roll on midnight till 4am when I can comp
    I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.
    ― Billy Joel
    • Abominus
    • By Abominus 1st Dec 17, 6:06 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 5,334 Thanks
    Abominus
    Good lord, you guys weren't kidding about the Advents! So... many ... competitions. I'll end up with a repetitive strain injury if i keep going at this rate.

Just won a Christmas tree beer advent calendar, think i'll probably need it after a week of this.
    • Zanzib
    • By Zanzib 1st Dec 17, 6:09 PM
    • 4,035 Posts
    • 58,164 Thanks
    Zanzib
    The ones I'm interested in I have the newsletters for, and have subscribed to the thread on here. There's a few others I might enter occasionally, but it makes it busy.

I've found it best to split the day up into three; enter the ones that are early, then lunchtime- early afternoon the late morning ones, and mop up any other early evening.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,562Posts Today

7,638Users online

Martin's Twitter