Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Marcc
    • By Marcc 18th Nov 17, 10:53 AM
    • 20Posts
    • 119Thanks
    Marcc
    Advents Idea
    • 18th Nov 17, 10:53 AM
    Advents Idea 18th Nov 17 at 10:53 AM
    Just a suggestion regarding the advent competitions - is it possible to keep them just in the advents section and not in the main competitions section. Reason being that if, like me, you are too busy to enter all advents every day you can still enter the normal competitions without spending extra time sorting through pages and pages of advent competitions. It really makes it very difficult for people who don't enter them and time consuming. If then I have some extra time I can go to the advents and enter them. I hope this makes sense. What does everyone think?
Page 2
    • aggie
    • By aggie 30th Nov 17, 3:15 PM
    • 7,281 Posts
    • 94,711 Thanks
    aggie
    Bring it on!!

I've not been able to do them properly before due to working full time (and life) but this year I'm home for all December a following an operation. What fab timing is that!! (Short attention span though, I'm not going to get bored with them am I?)
    MASSIVE THANKS TO ALL POSTERS!
    • Rahven
    • By Rahven 30th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 1,181 Posts
    • 45,768 Thanks
    Rahven
    I will be making high, medium and low priority folders. High will get done first each day and the rest only if I have time.

Good luck folks, see you on the other side
    Gamer and saver
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 30th Nov 17, 4:06 PM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 17,392 Thanks
    Blueyez
    I will be making high, medium and low priority folders. High will get done first each day and the rest only if I have time.

Good luck folks, see you on the other side
    Originally posted by Rahven

I never thought of that! I might just tweak the ones I've already saved.
    • Zanzib
    • By Zanzib 30th Nov 17, 8:49 PM
    • 4,038 Posts
    • 58,186 Thanks
    Zanzib
    I'm out tomorrow, and my planned early morning comping will have to be put on hold until late afternoon...

Good luck everyone.
    • claire21
    • By claire21 30th Nov 17, 9:17 PM
    • 32,014 Posts
    • 1,004,999 Thanks
    claire21
    I’m not Going For It this year , I’m away this weekend so hoping people will contribute to the over £100 thread in here so I can just enter a few each day , I found I just didn’t enjoy doing them last year and was still in pjs at lunch time. Good luck all
    • hertzyabazas
    • By hertzyabazas 30th Nov 17, 9:29 PM
    • 28,548 Posts
    • 5,164,215 Thanks
    hertzyabazas
    Previous years have seen me making a top 30/40/50 (mental) list and ignore the rest
    Already dished out a few red crosses.

Not interested in branded tat like Sunny D glasses, kwik-fit ice scrapers and the like.
    Much prefer stuff with Sony, BOSE and 'Fish is the Dish' emblazoned across them!
    • Makeandsave
    • By Makeandsave 30th Nov 17, 10:28 PM
    • 2,838 Posts
    • 24,269 Thanks
    Makeandsave
    Updated Firefox and Roboform (took ages to see the roboform is now at the bottom of the page lol)
    DEC Wins: £25 Cash Winneroo, £50 for Rockfish, The goldbergs 3+4 DVD, Dove Gift Set. William Hartnell Years DVD, R4 Integrated Music System, 4 Glass Tumblers, Snow Globe, The Rules of Magic book, Bottle of wine, tech sticker sheet. soup spoons viners, World Airport Playset, Bake-O-Glide Simmering circle, audew 12V Seat Heater.
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 30th Nov 17, 10:31 PM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 17,392 Thanks
    Blueyez
    Lots of advents already X'd.So tired from bookmarking things! At least half of those will be binned this time tomorrow. I'm just entering the last of none advent comps that are up that I want to enter and then getting some sleep. Phone all charged up for insta & FB comps in the morning.
    • claire21
    • By claire21 30th Nov 17, 11:58 PM
    • 32,014 Posts
    • 1,004,999 Thanks
    claire21
    This was last years list , if there’s any ones on there you fancy you could search tomorrow and see if they are in again this year http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5549865&page=1
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 1st Dec 17, 10:36 AM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 17,392 Thanks
    Blueyez
    I've woken up to a broken laptop! I didn't manage to find one on black Friday and thought mine would at least last 'til new year. what a time to give up the ghost, after I spend last night organising my advent folders Thank God for generous sisters (who are at school and don't know I'm using their laptop! )
    • Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 1st Dec 17, 10:47 AM
    • 2,743 Posts
    • 120,592 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    Twinkle, my new 8 week old puppy arrives on Sunday so I will only be entering a selected few Advents while she is sleeping!
    Originally posted by BlueBella
    Congratulations on the new family member, I hope you manage to get some comping time in.

Bring it on!!

I've not been able to do them properly before due to working full time (and life) but this year I'm home for all December a following an operation. What fab timing is that!! (Short attention span though, I'm not going to get bored with them am I?)
    Originally posted by aggie
    Sending you healing vibes, hope you are okay!

Oh no Blueyez, that isn't good! I hope you sort your laptop or a laptop out properly soon!

I'm just going through the board to start with and anything I don't like, mainly sharing via Facebook posts or having to join a site I'm not yet a member off, I'm crossing off, giving me more time to focus on those that are actually available and are of interest to me. I'm not sure I will stick to everything daily but I will enter as and when I choose and have time.

Good Luck everyone!
    Last edited by Ms Dee; 01-12-2017 at 1:00 PM.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.

50 Challenges 2017 - 46/50
    • sazp81
    • By sazp81 1st Dec 17, 10:48 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    sazp81
    advents
    does anyone have the link for the advents please
    • Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 1st Dec 17, 10:53 AM
    • 2,743 Posts
    • 120,592 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Competitions Time > Sticky: Advents .. 2017!

Happy December, Good Luck!
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.

50 Challenges 2017 - 46/50
    • hamsterfan1
    • By hamsterfan1 1st Dec 17, 11:03 AM
    • 7,801 Posts
    • 72,167 Thanks
    hamsterfan1
    0r just scroll down the page they're at the top of the comps
    prood gran to 4 lovely boys
    • sazp81
    • By sazp81 1st Dec 17, 11:15 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    sazp81
    thanks you very much
    • Makeandsave
    • By Makeandsave 1st Dec 17, 12:20 PM
    • 2,838 Posts
    • 24,269 Thanks
    Makeandsave
    OMG 4 hours and still going! 3 coffees and 2 bacon butties down lol. How is everyone doing?
    DEC Wins: £25 Cash Winneroo, £50 for Rockfish, The goldbergs 3+4 DVD, Dove Gift Set. William Hartnell Years DVD, R4 Integrated Music System, 4 Glass Tumblers, Snow Globe, The Rules of Magic book, Bottle of wine, tech sticker sheet. soup spoons viners, World Airport Playset, Bake-O-Glide Simmering circle, audew 12V Seat Heater.
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 1st Dec 17, 12:49 PM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 17,392 Thanks
    Blueyez
    OMG 4 hours and still going! 3 coffees and 2 bacon butties down lol. How is everyone doing?
    Originally posted by Makeandsave
    Sore fingers & I keep sneezing everywhere-Nearly on my second tub of tissues.
    • toniq
    • By toniq 1st Dec 17, 12:57 PM
    • 28,263 Posts
    • 608,001 Thanks
    toniq
    Trying to do Twitter and Mse is madness, I started at 4:30am after my laptop decided today was the day for updates.

Never seen twitter so busy. I'm nowhere near in control of what I'm doing yet, and there's me thinking I'll get a few hours click to wins in today...yeah right!

Good luck everyone

x
    HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY!

• Marcc
    • By Marcc 1st Dec 17, 1:46 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    Marcc
    Once I have put a red cross next to the ones I don't want how do I stop them appearing? I am still getting them come through again in the lists when they are bumped? I am already really struggling to keep up with the advents and I can't easily find other comps. This seems like you need to be at it full time in December to keep up and enter everything. Thanks
    • Makeandsave
    • By Makeandsave 1st Dec 17, 1:53 PM
    • 2,838 Posts
    • 24,269 Thanks
    Makeandsave
    Trying to do Twitter and Mse is madness, I started at 4:30am after my laptop decided today was the day for updates.

Never seen twitter so busy. I'm nowhere near in control of what I'm doing yet, and there's me thinking I'll get a few hours click to wins in today...yeah right!

Good luck everyone

x
    Originally posted by toniq
    Its been the busiest day ever this year so far, Twitter comps, Ins comps, Facebook comps, Advents and start of month comps. I just can't comp but is fun.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,607Posts Today

7,622Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @SF_England: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, just so everyone is aware- check your payslips between when you graduated and the following Ap?

• Sorry to bubble burst. But each day a lot of people tweet me this. I think it doesn't show any other votes until t? https://t.co/uRny62NRc1

• Today's Twitter poll: I want to find out are people generally happy. So how happy are you today? PS I did the same? https://t.co/3Gw9ylu2H2

• Follow Martin