Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Varnaman
    • By Varnaman 30th Nov 17, 9:44 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Varnaman
    DRP Plus overstaying at McDonalds
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:44 AM
    DRP Plus overstaying at McDonalds 30th Nov 17 at 9:44 AM
    I recently moved home and have not yet updated Logbook, I received in the post today a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd asking for £160.00 for overstaying at McDonalds Gatwick Airport

The original ticket was issued by MET Parking Services.

This is the first letter I have received regarding this matter as previous letters if sent were not forwarded.I have been told that if payment of £160.00 is not paid by 7th December further action will be taken.

What can I do about this now?
    Last edited by Varnaman; 30-11-2017 at 9:46 AM. Reason: additional information
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 30th Nov 17, 10:08 AM
    • 6,453 Posts
    • 8,259 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:08 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:08 AM
    I recently moved home and have not yet updated Logbook, I received in the post today a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd asking for £160.00 for overstaying at McDonalds Gatwick Airport

The original ticket was issued by MET Parking Services.

This is the first letter I have received regarding this matter as previous letters if sent were not forwarded.I have been told that if payment of £160.00 is not paid by 7th December further action will be taken.

What can I do about this now?
    Originally posted by Varnaman
    This Mcdonalds is a well known scam site and it seems
    Mcdonalds don't give a damn

First point is NEVER use this Mcdonalds again whilst
    they employ parking cowboys/scammers.

Second point is please read the Newbies thread on here
    and read up ON DRP.

DRP are just timewasters who spout rubbish and
    have ZERO powers

IGNORE DRP
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 30th Nov 17, 10:42 AM
    • 15,878 Posts
    • 24,615 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:42 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:42 AM
    I recently moved home and have not yet updated Logbook
    You could be getting another fine (a real one) through the post for up to £1,000 if you don’t do that. At the same time you need to do a separate notification for your driver’s licence - there’s no read-across from one to the other.

Are DRP now corresponding with your new, or your former address?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 30th Nov 17, 11:21 AM
    • 3,569 Posts
    • 3,614 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 30th Nov 17, 11:21 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 11:21 AM
    AFAIU the £1,000 fine is for not updating the driving licence; the V5C only requires a serviceable address - i.e. somewhere that the keeper can receive correspondence. I'm not sure there's a fine for not doing so.

However it's a good idea to get both updated (separately) ASAP ... the driving licence MUST be done immediately.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,835Posts Today

7,179Users online

Martin's Twitter