Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • miss_charlotter
    • By miss_charlotter 30th Nov 17, 9:34 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    miss_charlotter
    Struggling to get refund from Argos
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:34 AM
    Struggling to get refund from Argos 30th Nov 17 at 9:34 AM
    I ordered a new washing machine on 2nd November, however due to issues with installation I cancelled the order on 12th November before it arrived. I paid with my Argos card and was told the refund would be processed and back on my card within 7 working days. On 21st November I contacted them again to say refund has not been received, I was told that "The order has not been updated, I will get this actioned for you immediately and the refund put back on your card". I was told this would take 3-5 working days! I have both transcripts for these conversations as they were done via live chat. On 27th November I called them as the refund had not appeared still. I was told once again that it had not been processed and they were going to sort this out right away and speak to the "Back Office" and it should again take 3-5 working days to process. I was fuming by this point. It is now coming up to the 5th working day and I have still not received the refund. My question is: If this refund is still not back in my account by tomorrow, what next step can I do? I have been told 3 times it has not been processed and I have still not had my money back! Help!
Page 1
    • eddddy
    • By eddddy 30th Nov 17, 9:52 AM
    • 5,537 Posts
    • 5,224 Thanks
    eddddy
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:52 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:52 AM
    My question is: If this refund is still not back in my account by tomorrow, what next step can I do?
    Originally posted by miss_charlotter
    I guess you could try phoning, writing, tweeting instead: https://www.argos.co.uk/help/contact-us/

Beyond that - from a legal perspective, it sounds like Argos have breached the contract, so you could make a section 75 claim against Argos Card (Home Retail Group Card Services Limited) as they are jointly liable.

But I suspect that would be even slower.

Or make a claim in the small claims court. (A letter before action might [or might not] hurry them up.)
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 30th Nov 17, 1:10 PM
    • 18,706 Posts
    • 14,417 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 30th Nov 17, 1:10 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 1:10 PM
    I'd do a chargeback, which should be quicker than a S75 claim, and ought to be uncontested by Argos given that they know they owe you the money.
    • WillPS
    • By WillPS 30th Nov 17, 3:46 PM
    • 212 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    WillPS
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:46 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:46 PM
    I'd do a chargeback, which should be quicker than a S75 claim, and ought to be uncontested by Argos given that they know they owe you the money.
    Originally posted by agrinnall
    It's a store card, so there is no Visa/Mastercard/Amex chargeback option.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 30th Nov 17, 3:49 PM
    • 18,706 Posts
    • 14,417 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:49 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:49 PM
    It's a store card, so there is no Visa/Mastercard/Amex chargeback option.
    Originally posted by WillPS
    Ah, missed that, good point.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

973Posts Today

6,280Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @SF_England: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, just so everyone is aware- check your payslips between when you graduated and the following Ap?

• Sorry to bubble burst. But each day a lot of people tweet me this. I think it doesn't show any other votes until t? https://t.co/uRny62NRc1

• Today's Twitter poll: I want to find out are people generally happy. So how happy are you today? PS I did the same? https://t.co/3Gw9ylu2H2

• Follow Martin