Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 30th Nov 17, 8:51 AM
    • 7,514Posts
    • 4,909Thanks
    Biggles
    TSB to Lloyds payment missing?
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:51 AM
    TSB to Lloyds payment missing? 30th Nov 17 at 8:51 AM
    I had a predated £600 payment set to go from my TSB Plus account to my Club Lloyds account today.

It's left TSB but not arrived in my Lloyds a/c.

As it seems to have gone as 'BP' rather than 'FPI' (maybe because it was set up a few days ago and predated), maybe it takes longer to get recorded at Lloyds? It's a saved payment, so no error possible in keying the bank details.

I'll give it a little longer before ringing them but wondered if this was usual? I've done in before and can't remember it taking longer.
Page 2
    • badger09
    • By badger09 2nd Dec 17, 11:03 AM
    • 5,588 Posts
    • 4,897 Thanks
    badger09
    What has bigadaj done?

Or am I not allowed to ask?
    I'm a supporter of dunstonh
    • Bigadal
    • By Bigadal 2nd Dec 17, 11:52 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Bigadal
    Guess who?

A little less subtle than dunstonh during his short holiday.

Might be worth someone quoting this as it may get deleted by forum police quite quickly.

I've apparently been banned after a complaint about my joke response about someone being a cone head, which was based on the structure of that post (illogical, does not compute etc)

I was on a yellow card after getting into a spat with an arrogant poster who had been banned previously (nifty digits) about foreign currency exchange, that was sort of justified, can't understand what the problem was with the cone head response.

I've never actually received a warning, despite claims from forum staff that I have, I have had one previous yellow card a couple of years ago for a similar reason to that above.

I've got a two week ban but I'll probably not bother posting again, little point when people can be so sensitive or fundamentally thick that punishment has no logic or reason. Probably just browse and lurk, sad really given the widespread ignorance of financial matters in the uk and so little wider education available for many.

The site has changed since the money supermarket purchase, failure to challenge any dodgy schemes when legal action is threatened, banning long serving posters after complaints from newbies with no track record etc etc

It's just a money making site now, little post in posting to be helpful, or have a laugh or even disabuse people that guaranteed doesn't mean much when a 8% bond is government backed etc etc

There's probably some fall out from teh dunstonh saga, and the forum team don't appear too clever, best to pack it in I think and browse occasionally to check odd things, I'll have to sign up to p2pforum instead.
    Last edited by Bigadal; 02-12-2017 at 11:58 AM.
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 2nd Dec 17, 1:28 PM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 920 Thanks
    TheShape
    Guess who?

A little less subtle than dunstonh during his short holiday.

Might be worth someone quoting this as it may get deleted by forum police quite quickly.

I've apparently been banned after a complaint about my joke response about someone being a cone head, which was based on the structure of that post (illogical, does not compute etc)

I was on a yellow card after getting into a spat with an arrogant poster who had been banned previously (nifty digits) about foreign currency exchange, that was sort of justified, can't understand what the problem was with the cone head response.

I've never actually received a warning, despite claims from forum staff that I have, I have had one previous yellow card a couple of years ago for a similar reason to that above.

I've got a two week ban but I'll probably not bother posting again, little point when people can be so sensitive or fundamentally thick that punishment has no logic or reason. Probably just browse and lurk, sad really given the widespread ignorance of financial matters in the uk and so little wider education available for many.

The site has changed since the money supermarket purchase, failure to challenge any dodgy schemes when legal action is threatened, banning long serving posters after complaints from newbies with no track record etc etc

It's just a money making site now, little post in posting to be helpful, or have a laugh or even disabuse people that guaranteed doesn't mean much when a 8% bond is government backed etc etc

There's probably some fall out from teh dunstonh saga, and the forum team don't appear too clever, best to pack it in I think and browse occasionally to check odd things, I'll have to sign up to p2pforum instead.
    Originally posted by Bigadal
    That would be a shame.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 2nd Dec 17, 3:33 PM
    • 5,588 Posts
    • 4,897 Thanks
    badger09
    Thanks Bigadal

Its comforting to know that the aforementioned poster has someone really close at this difficult time
    I'm a supporter of dunstonh
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

374Posts Today

1,649Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin