Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 30th Nov 17, 8:51 AM
    • 7,514Posts
    • 4,908Thanks
    Biggles
    TSB to Lloyds payment missing?
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:51 AM
    TSB to Lloyds payment missing? 30th Nov 17 at 8:51 AM
    I had a predated £600 payment set to go from my TSB Plus account to my Club Lloyds account today.

It's left TSB but not arrived in my Lloyds a/c.

As it seems to have gone as 'BP' rather than 'FPI' (maybe because it was set up a few days ago and predated), maybe it takes longer to get recorded at Lloyds? It's a saved payment, so no error possible in keying the bank details.

I'll give it a little longer before ringing them but wondered if this was usual? I've done in before and can't remember it taking longer.
Page 1
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 30th Nov 17, 9:15 AM
    • 7,280 Posts
    • 9,005 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:15 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:15 AM
    It doesn't have to arrive until tomorrow night.
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 30th Nov 17, 9:26 AM
    • 7,514 Posts
    • 4,908 Thanks
    Biggles
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:26 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:26 AM
    I thought that was just to cover themselves where some banks aren't using Faster Payments fully. In practice, with all the banks I use, predated payments have always been processed over the previous night and been in the right account first thing.

But I see, when making a payment, the wording is, 'the money will be with your recipient within 1 working day'.

I wonder if Lloyds can tell me its progress? I doubt TSB would be able to. Otherwise I shall need to cover my debit balance before close of play today.
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 30th Nov 17, 10:36 AM
    • 7,514 Posts
    • 4,908 Thanks
    Biggles
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:36 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:36 AM
    It seems Lloyds do have a problem this morning with a small number of transactions and she reckons it should be sorted within a couple of hours.
    • kkgree1
    • By kkgree1 30th Nov 17, 11:13 AM
    • 292 Posts
    • 152 Thanks
    kkgree1
    • 30th Nov 17, 11:13 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 11:13 AM
    Problems with TSB standing orders/direct debits too this morning as my husband's business salaries have not reached his employees yet (TSB Business account). Apparently they're aware of the problem and he's been told they should fix it in a couple of hours!
    • badger09
    • By badger09 30th Nov 17, 12:34 PM
    • 5,558 Posts
    • 4,865 Thanks
    badger09
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:34 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:34 PM
    About 30 minutes ago I sent a payment of £3200 from Lloyds Club to Santander account ready for tomorrow's RS funding and it arrived within 10 minutes.
    I'm a supporter of dunstonh
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 30th Nov 17, 12:57 PM
    • 7,514 Posts
    • 4,908 Thanks
    Biggles
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:57 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:57 PM
    Still nothing. I'll give it another couple of hours. I guess theoretically I've got till midnight(?) to fund the account to avoid overdraft charges but I wouldn't like to go past 4pm.
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 30th Nov 17, 2:07 PM
    • 10,804 Posts
    • 7,098 Thanks
    bigadaj
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:07 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:07 PM
    About 30 minutes ago I sent a payment of £3200 from Lloyds Club to Santander account ready for tomorrow's RS funding and it arrived within 10 minutes.
    Originally posted by badger09

Are you showing off or just loaded?
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 30th Nov 17, 2:09 PM
    • 4,266 Posts
    • 1,311 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:09 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:09 PM
    Have TSB moved off of Lloyds platform for payments yet?
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 30th Nov 17, 2:29 PM
    • 7,514 Posts
    • 4,908 Thanks
    Biggles
    Finally came in about 2:30pm.

Heng Leng, no, they haven't. Well not on the surface, anyway, nothing seems to have changed at all.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 30th Nov 17, 3:52 PM
    • 5,558 Posts
    • 4,865 Thanks
    badger09
    Originally posted by bigadaj
    Neither

Though I suppose it depends on your definition of loaded
    • AirlieBird
    • By AirlieBird 30th Nov 17, 4:03 PM
    • 737 Posts
    • 494 Thanks
    AirlieBird
    Have TSB moved off of Lloyds platform for payments yet?
    Originally posted by Heng Leng
    Postponed to Q1 2018.
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 30th Nov 17, 7:25 PM
    • 10,804 Posts
    • 7,098 Thanks
    bigadaj
    Neither

Though I suppose it depends on your definition of loaded
    Just thought the sum was a typo.
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 30th Nov 17, 9:22 PM
    • 1,140 Posts
    • 905 Thanks
    TheShape
    Once you've harvested a good number of the regular savers, the amount of monthly funding can grow to a quite staggering level. My usual monthly funding amount is approx £2k but with a recent increase to my stooz pot I'll likely be funding regular savers with around £4k p/m for the next few months.

Bigadaj, I take it you're not running lots of regular savers yourself.
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 30th Nov 17, 9:40 PM
    • 10,804 Posts
    • 7,098 Thanks
    bigadaj
    Once you've harvested a good number of the regular savers, the amount of monthly funding can grow to a quite staggering level. My usual monthly funding amount is approx £2k but with a recent increase to my stooz pot I'll likely be funding regular savers with around £4k p/m for the next few months.

Bigadaj, I take it you're not running lots of regular savers yourself.
    Originally posted by TheShape
    I am but use a hub and spoke system, bouncing funding requirements to current accounts, crediting the associated regular saver and then returning excess to a central account.

Sending a large amount to a Santander account and then funding a range of regular savers seemed odd, assumed it was a typo on the £200 amount just for the Santander regular saver but that might be incorrect.
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 30th Nov 17, 9:52 PM
    • 3,262 Posts
    • 6,000 Thanks
    EachPenny
    Once you've harvested a good number of the regular savers, the amount of monthly funding can grow to a quite staggering level.
    Originally posted by TheShape
    I agree with that. At 34 it has become a problem and requires quite a bit of juggling each month. But at the same time it is also a convenient solution to the loss of the Tesco DD facility.

I'm just a bit shocked that badger09 would forego a day's worth of interest on the Club Lloyds account and do the transfer today rather than tomorrow
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 30th Nov 17, 11:27 PM
    • 1,140 Posts
    • 905 Thanks
    TheShape
    I am but use a hub and spoke system, bouncing funding requirements to current accounts, crediting the associated regular saver and then returning excess to a central account.

Sending a large amount to a Santander account and then funding a range of regular savers seemed odd, assumed it was a typo on the £200 amount just for the Santander regular saver but that might be incorrect.
    I suppose I've got used to my 'Hybrid' method of funding. Half-of my regular savers (the ones that are funded 'regularly every month' are funded directly from my main current account either straight to the account on the 1st or more 'hub and spoke' like with the account that need funding from the associated current account (FD/Santander/M&S) throughout the month.

I'll probably transfer £1750 to my Nationwide account tomorrow to send on to the Virgin Money Regular Savers with perhaps an extra £500 to fund new Halifax and BOS Regular Savers (dependent on funding requirements).

I also got paid today and had I transferred that pay to another account today in order to earn a days' interest I would have been transferring in excess of £4k back to Nationwide tomorrow to fund regular savers.

To fund my current account pay-in requirements I do a manual cascade/cycle of funds through the accounts once per month.
    • WineDarkSea
    • By WineDarkSea 1st Dec 17, 6:35 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    WineDarkSea
    I have over £2k missing this morning. All from HSBC based banks - First Direct, M&S and Tesco. Although the HSBC transactions all worked fine.

Itís unusual for there to be such a delay, I hope it all turns up.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 1st Dec 17, 5:39 PM
    • 5,558 Posts
    • 4,865 Thanks
    badger09
    Just thought the sum was a typo.

No, not a typo

Largely for historic reasons, I've used Santander to fund most of my minimum pay in accounts which can't be funded internally, and most of my regular savers. My 'main' current account gives no interest so is quickly drained on pension days, and there was always plenty in Santander to cover every eventuality.

I'm just a bit shocked that badger09 would forego a day's worth of interest on the Club Lloyds account and do the transfer today rather than tomorrow
    Originally posted by EachPenny
    I'm happy to forego a few pence interest in exchange for a good night's sleep
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 2nd Dec 17, 8:19 AM
    • 10,804 Posts
    • 7,098 Thanks
    bigadaj
    Fair enough we all have different methodologies.

I have largely ignored regular savers that pay less than 2.5% and certainly 2% as the return isn't worthwhile, particuallry when inflation is well above that.

Excess money gets paid into other areas with potentially higher returns but risk, whether that is worthwhile depends on individual views and circumstances.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

955Posts Today

6,014Users online

Martin's Twitter