Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 30th Nov 17, 8:33 AM
    • 1,393Posts
    • 4,175Thanks
    Oakdene
    NtO served by Swansea Council
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:33 AM
    NtO served by Swansea Council 30th Nov 17 at 8:33 AM
    Hi All

I have been sent a NtO, received yesterday, from Swansea Council which states that a PCN was served on the 24th October 2017 that I had parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours. The offence took place at 21:12. They have included a picture which (because it is so dark) literally just shows my number plate in the picture from the flash.

Nothing was attached to my windscreen & due to it being dark & not a well lit area I didn't see any signage to suggest no parking there.

The fine is £70.00.

Is there anything I can do.

Im not able to scan in the NtO.
    Hiraeth
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 30th Nov 17, 8:36 AM
    • 15,932 Posts
    • 24,717 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:36 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:36 AM
    As we tend to major on private parking tickets here, PePiPoo will be your best bet for council tickets. Register there (but please note that a hotmail address won't work) and post a new thread; here's your link:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=30

Have a read through some of the other threads there before you post your own to get the hang of what information they need from you in your opening post - but as a minimum you will need to post redacted photos/scans of all correspondence you've received from the council (both sides, if appropriate) as they need to see all the small print.

PePiPoo has an excellent success record in dealing with council tickets.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 30th Nov 17, 8:41 AM
    • 1,393 Posts
    • 4,175 Thanks
    Oakdene
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:41 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:41 AM
    As we tend to major on private parking tickets here, PePiPoo will be your best bet for council tickets. Register there (but please note that a hotmail address won't work) and post a new thread; here's your link:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=30

Have a read through some of the other threads there before you post your own to get the hang of what information they need from you in your opening post - but as a minimum you will need to post redacted photos/scans of all correspondence you've received from the council (both sides, if appropriate) as they need to see all the small print.

PePiPoo has an excellent success record in dealing with council tickets.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Thanks I shall head there now
    Hiraeth
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 30th Nov 17, 11:00 AM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 1,218 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 30th Nov 17, 11:00 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 11:00 AM
    Just dont use a hotmail address to sign up - it will silently fail.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,140Posts Today

6,369Users online

Martin's Twitter