Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ferry
    • By ferry 30th Nov 17, 7:46 AM
    • 1,617Posts
    • 248Thanks
    ferry
    Now Tv - any issues cancelling the monthly subscription?
    • 30th Nov 17, 7:46 AM
    Now Tv - any issues cancelling the monthly subscription? 30th Nov 17 at 7:46 AM
    Im new to Now Tv and have not yet activated a pass.
    If i understand it as you buy a first pass you also register for a monthly sub for that pass?
    I have read some horror stories about customers trying to cancel their sub and still being charged or experiencing a difficult cancellation process

I see myself being a very low user- buying a day pass for Sports only every now and then

Any advice on ease of ease of cancelling or your experience trying to do this?
    Thanks
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 30th Nov 17, 7:55 AM
    • 31,942 Posts
    • 37,677 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 30th Nov 17, 7:55 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 7:55 AM
    Easy to cancel online

Activate the pass them cancel the subscription straight away , you still get the duration of the pass
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 30th Nov 17, 9:02 AM
    • 3,573 Posts
    • 3,617 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:02 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:02 AM
    Agreed. I once got a 3 month Now TV pass (the one that gives Sky Arts etc.) when I first bought my Chromecast. I activated the pass then cancelled it straight away - the pass still worked for 3 months but didn't auto-renew.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 30th Nov 17, 9:20 AM
    • 1,946 Posts
    • 1,066 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:20 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:20 AM
    Never experienced any issue with cancelling passes, they run until the expiry date and then that's it.
    • ferry
    • By ferry 30th Nov 17, 1:28 PM
    • 1,617 Posts
    • 248 Thanks
    ferry
    • 30th Nov 17, 1:28 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 1:28 PM
    Ok thanks so I can be confident no money will be taken out of my account once I cancel the subscription? Do Sky cancel the payment authority?
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 30th Nov 17, 1:41 PM
    • 1,946 Posts
    • 1,066 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 30th Nov 17, 1:41 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 1:41 PM
    Ok thanks so I can be confident no money will be taken out of my account once I cancel the subscription? Do Sky cancel the payment authority?
    Originally posted by ferry
    You should be able to, but we can only report our findings.
    • UncleZen
    • By UncleZen 30th Nov 17, 1:43 PM
    • 559 Posts
    • 199 Thanks
    UncleZen
    • 30th Nov 17, 1:43 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 1:43 PM
    Ive cancelled, no problems. I use adhoc sky sports day passes like you. No issues whatsoever.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,662Posts Today

7,782Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @SF_England: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, just so everyone is aware- check your payslips between when you graduated and the following Ap?

• Sorry to bubble burst. But each day a lot of people tweet me this. I think it doesn't show any other votes until t? https://t.co/uRny62NRc1

• Today's Twitter poll: I want to find out are people generally happy. So how happy are you today? PS I did the same? https://t.co/3Gw9ylu2H2

• Follow Martin