Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 30th Nov 17, 5:46 AM
    • 15,611Posts
    • 127,479Thanks
    JackieO
    Thursday 30th November O/S Daily
    • 30th Nov 17, 5:46 AM
    Thursday 30th November O/S Daily 30th Nov 17 at 5:46 AM
    This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
Page 2
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 30th Nov 17, 2:34 PM
    • 454 Posts
    • 5,566 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Afternoon all
    I had a rotten nights sleep because I was thinking too much about things that are beyond my control . Finally fell asleep about 5.30am and had to get up at 8 to go to school . So I'm really tired, too tired even for a Nanna nap.
    Anyway we enjoyed the assembly, although it only lasted for 15mins. All the children were characters from Roald Dahl including a very orange Umpa Lumpa, I hope the make up comes off ! DGS was Willy Wonka but I was under strict orders from DD not to ask him who he was, as he keeps getting his name wrong. ( please insert an A for the O in the surname ). Fortunately I don't think he realises what he's saying, at least I hope not . Afterwards we were invited to the classroom to purchase Xmas crafts, refreshments and raffle tickets to be drawn later by the children. Cost me an arm and a leg again and I bet I won't see the raffle prize even if I did win .
    We went to a local Garden centre for a coffee and a mince pie after the assembly and I bought DGS a Dr Who book for Xmas to go with the figures already bought. He's a Dr Who fan like Mr Fix It .
    On the way home we decided to call in the chippy for lunch, so no cooking tonight . I will be watching some mindless Xmas movies this afternoon as I'm too weary for anything remotely active.
    Nelski my wrist is much better thank you. Unfortunately I suffer with my joints and so does DD. Between us we have more splints and crepe bandages than B00ts the chemist
    Dumpling I'm glad that Becky is feeling happier, long may that continue.
    LaineyT hope you get your internet sorted quickly.
    Gers take it easy and enjoy St Andrews Day !
    TA hope your day goes according to your plan .
    HollyH enjoy your day by putting your feet up and recuperating.
    Stay safe and warm everyone. Hugs all round.
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 30th Nov 17, 2:48 PM
    • 15,611 Posts
    • 127,479 Thanks
    JackieO
    Brr its fair nippy this afternoon,I had a photo DGS Ben sent to me at lunchtime saying the snow was laying in Norwich where he is at Uni and we had a tiny sprinkle of the white stuff today in Kent but not enough to lay thank goodness.But that wind is biting,I had to pop across to the Rainham council shop to try and get some recycling bags but it seems there is a problem with the suppliers, great just before the busiest time for all the wrapping from Christmas and our local council have got a problem supplying them.They won't accept black bags for recycling it has to be their clear plastic ones Fingers crossed some one gets it sorted in the next week or two.

Youngest DD is on a course today as they are having a new computer system installed at her firm, no doubt there will be hitches in the system which won't go down well with her clients

Dumpling good to know that Becky is doing well and happier

Golly my feet are cold I am going to investigate the draught which is whipping around my ankles at DDs. The central heating has clicked on but its really not that warm in here.

Cheers chums keep wrapped up if possible

JackieO xx
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
    • Judi
    • By Judi 30th Nov 17, 3:43 PM
    • 15,459 Posts
    • 63,815 Thanks
    Judi
    A picture of my new Grandaughter.

'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 30th Nov 17, 3:45 PM
    • 1,741 Posts
    • 20,683 Thanks
    LaineyT
    We have had a few snow flurries here but the wind has really whipped up and we are forecasted a lot more in the next few hours. It's bitterly cold for sure!
    No sign of the BT engineer so far and have more or less written them off for today, how flipping annoying as stayed in all day just in case
    Stay warm everyone, heating on here!
    • RosyRed
    • By RosyRed 30th Nov 17, 4:16 PM
    • 1,681 Posts
    • 20,139 Thanks
    RosyRed
    I will be the one with a really tacky green jumper covered with a huge santa face lol when you going? its thursday for me maybe we could meet for a gluehwein

BTW love Bents so much and nowadays its a full day out!! Im there on monday for some overpriced lunch with a friend but hey its worth it
    Originally posted by Nelski
    It'll prob be Mon or Tuesday for us,think DH is starting some work on Wednesday,nice idea though .Enjoy yourself,you deserve a break.
    Just got back from Bents and went in the tapas bar as our little Xmas treat to ourselves (not buying presents this year) It was pretty busy They did have some outdoor stalls with bratwurst etc but it was too cold for us to sit out. The chef was cooking right in front of us as we were on the bar stools so quizzed him on cooking steak on an induction hob without it sticking
    In 2 years I'm on my 3rd frying pan,not dead cheapies either.He did say he'd prefer not to do steak on an induction hob

Got some meat to put in the freezer,and chicken kebabs for tea. There's rice pud from the sc too.DH is out tonight with our friend who is out for the 1st time since he had a cancer op and hopefully seems to be making a good recovery
    Lainey how annoying !
    Judi- cute pic of your new granddaughter
    Have a good evening all x
    Last edited by RosyRed; 30-11-2017 at 4:22 PM. Reason: added stuff
    'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
    • Gers
    • By Gers 30th Nov 17, 4:57 PM
    • 5,956 Posts
    • 35,495 Thanks
    Gers
    Evening!

Made it down the road OK. Dropped into the body shop to let the blokes take photos and work up a repair estimate for the insurance company. Then went onto the main dealership to get new windscreen wipers fitted, the old ones were shocking. Fingers crossed for no rain otherwise the back seats will get wet as the buckled back door doesn’t fit properly.

DM is much better I’m glad to say. Not 100% but certainly up and about with much less coughing.

Judi - what a great addition to your family, and such a sweet photo. Congratulations.

TA - I’m so pleased to read that you’ve got a child-free Thursday. What a treat!

Whilst it’s lovely and warm here at DM’s I really miss the ‘theatre’ of my woodburner. Never happy.
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 30th Nov 17, 5:20 PM
    • 454 Posts
    • 5,566 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Judi What a cutie !
    Gers glad your mum is getting better too.
    Well I'm freezing even with a fleece blanket, so have relented and put the heating on . Think I will have some hot golden syrup pudding with custard. Comfort food here I come .
    • csarina2
    • By csarina2 30th Nov 17, 6:20 PM
    • 1,772 Posts
    • 16,612 Thanks
    csarina2
    The sky went a funny yellow colour and we had a very short flurry of snow. Needless to say it has disappeared. It's bitter out, so glad we have the central heating.

Cut out and overlocked the fabric for a bag, need to get at the lining tomorrow and get it made up.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,027Posts Today

7,724Users online

Martin's Twitter