Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • daz378
    • By daz378 29th Nov 17, 10:51 PM
    • 553Posts
    • 6,379Thanks
    daz378
    possible upgrade to talk talk to fibre will that mean leavingBT
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:51 PM
    possible upgrade to talk talk to fibre will that mean leavingBT 29th Nov 17 at 10:51 PM
    Thinking of moving from normal broadband 17 mb getting about 10mb to talk talk fibre however im on a landline package with BT will this mean moving to talk talk for calls as well as line rental is included usually do i have to inform BT or will talk talk do it and will hopefully mean i save 19 quid on line rental , ive had the package from bt well over 12 months so AFAIK am not in contract....not asking TT as they will say anything to get me to sign up
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 30th Nov 17, 9:13 AM
    • 9,971 Posts
    • 4,109 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:13 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:13 AM
    The new provider does it all .
    TT service comes down your same BT OR line .
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 30th Nov 17, 9:17 AM
    • 1,405 Posts
    • 596 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:17 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:17 AM
    AFAIK am not in contract...
    Originally posted by daz378
    Really something that you need to check first as it could get very expensive otherwise.
    • iniltous
    • By iniltous 30th Nov 17, 12:30 PM
    • 1,427 Posts
    • 505 Thanks
    iniltous
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:30 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:30 PM
    When you say a landline package with BT, is that for phone and broadband, or is your current upto 17Mb broadband with someone other than BT ?
    TT do require you to have line rental with them if you want TT any sort of broadband, so as already stated, best not to assume but check if you are outside of the minimum term for line rental and broadband with whoever currently provides them
    • daz378
    • By daz378 30th Nov 17, 12:42 PM
    • 553 Posts
    • 6,379 Thanks
    daz378
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:42 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:42 PM
    no double checked with BT im on line rental only and no contract , my existing BB is with TT 17mb ....so have i been paying 2 lots of line rental ....30 quid a month BT Landline and 20 quid a month TT BB if i upgrade with TT hopefully this will cancel any payments to BT
    • iniltous
    • By iniltous 30th Nov 17, 1:00 PM
    • 1,427 Posts
    • 505 Thanks
    iniltous
    • 30th Nov 17, 1:00 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 1:00 PM
    When TT first started offering broadband it was 'line share' so your line rental was with whoever, and TT supplied broadband, when TT started offering full unbundled lines (MPF) new TT customers had to take TT line rental, but old legacy customers ( presumably you have had TT broadband for a long time) were offered the option to say as shared (SMPF) or move to MPF , presumably way back then they offered to move you onto TT phone network but you decided to stay with BT for line rental
    If you move to TT for line rental now and your current number is important to you, best to check they will port to number into TT phone network, otherwise you could end up with another phone number.
    You haven't really been paying two lots of line rental, you were paying BT for line rental and TT for just 'broadband', it's just TT charge legacy broadband only customers more per month for just broadband than TT MPF customers pay for broadband and LR combined, ...this is to 'convince' them to move to TT for line rental too, because when TT have no SMPF customers left , they can retire the SMPF equipment in the exchange and that saves them £££
    Last edited by iniltous; 30-11-2017 at 1:06 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

287Posts Today

1,465Users online

Martin's Twitter